Question How do I add a mirror / hand-mirror to a scene?

pease_blossom

Reactions
Sorry if this is a dumb question, I'm new but slowly figuring things out. (vamX has been a big help)
If it matters, I only have Entertainer tier (should I upgrade to Creator?)

I just want to add a mirror to a scene? e.g I downloaded this hand mirror asset https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/hand-mirror.8071/ but I have no idea how to add it to a person in a scene? Do I need to upgrade to Creator do this?

More generally, what is the easiest way to just add either a hand mirror and/or a standing mirror? I did see you can load/merge a room with a mirror into the existing room but that's super cumbersome.

Thanks again.

Hello!

You can't add objects without the creator version. I would highly recommend to switch to it because everything else, at least to me, makes absolutely no sense. You just have to pay once and afterwards, when you got the key, you can unsubsribe. If you want.

With the creator version you can easily add a mirror under "scene add atoms" --> "reflectives". A tab you don't have right now so you can't change anything.
I'm not sure if you can use a mirror as a "hand mirror", but theoretically it should work. Interesting idea but I don't know if this is technically possible.

Upvote 0
I never tried Teaser and Entertainer versions, but they are limited. I would suggest you to upgrade, it's only 3,50 more as Entertainer and it's really worth the money. With the creator version, you can place atoms in your scene. That's what you need. A atom is basically a object that you place in your scene. It can be a person, objects like mirrors, walls etc. but also scripts, lighting and many more. You can even import custom unity assets with a atom. The possibilities are endless.

Creator version is worth the money.

And like @HolySchmidt said, you can buy Entertainer once and unsubscribe once you get the key. But I subscribed for a few months already. To support the developer.

If you need any help in the future with the atoms, please feel free to ask. First it can feel overwhelming but it's easy to use.

Once you unlocked the creator version, go to your scene and click on the cube icon (look at my screenshot). Then a list opens with different category's (see my screenshot). Click on Reflective and then place one of those atoms in your scene.

Atoms.jpg

Then you click on the green box with the white arrow, select the atom click on control and you can edit the atom how you want. In this case, a reflective wood panel.

Mirror 1.jpg

And then you can edit the reflective panel how you want. Make it bigger, smaller, drag in to position, change the color of the mirror and many more options.

mirror 2.jpg

Attachments

• Atoms.jpg
    Atoms.jpg
    307 KB · Views: 0
  • Mirror 1.jpg
    Mirror 1.jpg
    348.8 KB · Views: 0
  • mirror 2.jpg
    mirror 2.jpg
    311.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
thanks so much for the help! i probably will upgrade then.

what about adding this hand mirror? https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/hand-mirror.8071/
would it be possible to add it to a person's hand then?

Yes, it is possible.

But you need the creator version aswell. First you need to spawn the mirror in your scene. If you already have it, you can simply click on the mirror, go to the tab "control" and then click on "Select link from scene." Green dots will appear, then click on the green dot on the hand, and the mirror is attach to the hand. If you move around with the hand, the mirror will also move arround.

If you don't know how to spawn items yet, or don't know how atoms work, let me know.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom