Question How Do you import Genesis 2 models and would they automatically have Breast etc Physics?

juytoo3zDEE

Reactions
Hi I read VAm is based on Genesis 2. And i kind of read you can use Genesis 2 models and import them. How do you do it?
And if you do , do they automaticaly get physics in their body like in the Breasts and hair? and clothes?

There's plenty of guides here on how to import a person, read and try them out.
Hair and clothes are not imported together with the morphs, they are done separately. There's also guides for those.

Upvote 0
What I do is bring up DAZ Studio, load the G2 model, tweak as desired, then save as a character preset. The Daz to Var program can handle the rest.

Upvote 0
You can script it from a duf file, to a vam look. I'm not really going to go into details, but learning it yourself will really help. I did it in powershell, json readers etc... i create a model in daz, save a subscene with just the model and genital, then that file is used as the import. Also, daz morphs are just zip files, so you can rename them to .zip open and extract the morph and put in the corresponding VAM custom/atom/person/morphs folder. I'd post my script, but it's all custom based on my file locations, and they are all over the place, so it's a bit wonky, i didn't do it for production publishing, so it's messy, but possible if you have the desire to do it. Also, the tutorials are great, you'll want something like substance painter and blender to make the appropriate Genesis 2 Female export to create the UV mappings so you can paint them in something like substance painter or blender. Anyway, i could go on, but i'm one for trial and error. There's enough out there to search for that will get you going. Also, key point to remember, always use the base resolution when exporting from daz ... for everything, hd upconverting happens in vam.

If you're just doing the morph bit, then the daz to var should be good, never used it though.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom