How do I export and edit clothing texture?

Shrexy69

Reactions
I am trying to repaint the textures. I believe that the texture files for clothing are stored in the .var or .fav files which is inaccessible as far as I know. Any help on how to open and get the clothing texture files out?

Many thanks.

Hi,
a .Var file is only a little more than a .zip file. You can open/unpack it with every zip-tool.
Just copy/unpack the clothing textures to a custom folder (ideally easily accessible from withing VaM) and edit them.
After this, you can open the clothing items and change the textures paths.
Save your own creation as a preset (or it will be reverted after a reboot) and your are fine.
Like always: Don't share your edited textures without asking the original creators for permission.

If you have further questions, please ask.

From the 'textures' tab of the clothing customization menu there's a "open folder in windows explorer" button. For a piece of clothing stored in a var file, clicking this button will create a local folder corresponding to the path set in the var. This gives you a place to put your custom texture files so that they can easily be loaded.
1632495767065.png

Now when you press "select' to load a texture, the default directory that opens up is inside the var, but you can go to the local directory you just created by selecting the second entry in the shortcuts column.
1632495716106.png

Back
Top Bottom