Question How come i installed bunch of Free and Bought LOOKS but when i go to Appearance Presets, almost none of them are there?

juytoo3zDEE

Reactions
I got about 40 character LOOKs. Some i even signed up for Patron and they were great. ANd most of them are not avilable to select when i press the Appearance preset thing. Why is this? If it works for about 10 of the ones i got for free, why doesn't it work for the other 10 i got for free and for the like 20 plus i got in patreon with a subscription( and they include dependency files in a zip file and i put all in the add onpackages but i dont get it).

Are you installing these from the Hub while on VAM? Or from the website?

If you're downloading from the website, you will get a .Var file. Put that .Var file in the AddonPackages located on the VaM folder.

If there not in Appearance presets, you can then find these looks as a scene in the scene browser. Simply go into the scene and save look.

To Save and load looks, Select a person and Select root, go into the Control & Physics 1 and you will see two buttons. Scroll through the load look and see if you can find the characters you have downloaded.

Upvote 0
Yeah i noticed all of them are actual in Scenes, alll of them but i wanted to change my base character that i start up in my own brand new scene. So theese were suppposedly LOOKS( Yes Downloaded from the hub website and from patreon website as VAR files and putting them in the addonpackages). With Other looks i downloaded, i can go to appearance and change a current basic girl to change into that downloaded LOOK.
But i can't do that with these ones that appear as scenes? Can i change these that appear only as scenes to also appear as individual Character Looks?
I guesss it's fine though because they recommend for low end computers to not have more than 2 characters, so i might just better load the scenes instead of an Appearance setting. and start from the scenes. . Thanks for the info i was very confused.

I'm still confused though, do some creators save their "LOOKS" they make as Scenes and some save them as Appearances?

You said Simply go into the scene and save look.
Wow that would be awesome if it worked. How exactly do you do that. Do you select the girl first and then where is the SAVE LOOK option?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
In VaM there's a difference between a Look preset (legacy) and a Appearance preset, but in regular speech with VaM users a look and appearance almost always refer to a appearance preset, or is meant as the what a person atom looks like.

There's 3 ways someone can share a look, I mean here what it looks like, which is as a Appearance preset, a Look preset (rare nowadays) or in a scene. Many share as a scene because they want to have it all pretty with clothes, environment, whatever. They can also have a scene and a appearance preset in the VAR, or just a appearance preset, whatever combination they want.
If you have it only as a scene, then open the scene and make a appearance preset of the look, it's simple:

Once you make a appearance preset you can use it on any scene. There's also other types of presets, so do take a look at the other tutorials.

Upvote 0
In VaM there's a difference between a Look preset (legacy) and a Appearance preset, but in regular speech with VaM users a look and appearance almost always refer to a appearance preset, or is meant as the what a person atom looks like.

There's 3 ways someone can share a look, I mean here what it looks like, which is as a Appearance preset, a Look preset (rare nowadays) or in a scene. Many share as a scene because they want to have it all pretty with clothes, environment, whatever. They can also have a scene and a appearance preset in the VAR, or just a appearance preset, whatever combination they want.
If you have it only as a scene, then open the scene and make a appearance preset of the look, it's simple:

Once you make a appearance preset you can use it on any scene. There's also other types of presets, so do take a look at the other tutorials.
Ohhhh my God. Thank you. I have been trying to figure this out for a couple days on my own.....I knew there was a way.....lol. Bless you

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom