Question can I delete duplicate vars or are there risks to presets/dependencies?

mggyee133

Reactions
Want to make sure there won't be an issue if I have duplicate var files in my addonpackages folder, i.e. some are in subfolders. I want to get rid of subfolders to avoid creating duplicates again but am not sure if VaM has internal pointers in some of my saved looks to paths that point to the subfolder and not the root addonpackages folder.

thanks

Want to make sure there won't be an issue if I have duplicate var files in my addonpackages folder, i.e. some are in subfolders. I want to get rid of subfolders to avoid creating duplicates again but am not sure if VaM has internal pointers in some of my saved looks to paths that point to the subfolder and not the root addonpackages folder.

thanks
No you dont need to worry about that. The folder location within AddonPackages is not part of any references, so you can delete duplicate VARs without affecting any internal pointers.

Upvote 0
On the same line as this, in my addonpackages list is different versions of plugins - are those safe to remove or will the scenes require specific versions of those? Im assuming the latter?

Upvote 0
On the same line as this, in my addonpackages list is different versions of plugins - are those safe to remove or will the scenes require specific versions of those? Im assuming the latter?
Depends.
Most plugins tend to be backwards compatible enough to work, but also might not. Then most scenes will ask for a specific version of the plugin, so if you don't have it will show up in your Package Updater (Hub Browser) to download.
Considering that plugins are tiny in size, my advice would be to keep the older versions. Perhaps the exception would be Timeline, there's a lot of versions, so maybe delete all of them and redownload only the ones asked for in the Package Updater.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom