Question Help with Dependencies

PXL

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Website
www.buymeacoffee.com
Hey there,

So, I have worked on a scene for quiet some time now, but didn't do it from an empty scene like default or something, and every time I make a .var its filled with random dependencies.
Is there a way to clear a scene, either in-game or by editing scene files?

I know I can clean up the meta.json file after making a .var, but was wondering if there is a better way to go about it.

Last edited:
Here's how I do it usually (requires a little bit of technical knowledge):

1. Open the create package window and prepackaged it; it'll show dependencies. Then, open up your scene's JSON file in a text editor and look for them (the author name for example). This way you can see what uses it; sometimes it's a morph that you don't really need, you can delete in in the JSON directly or reset range + reset value in VaM. Or hair, etc.
2. Check out the meta.json, often you actually use a single morph, but that morph was packaged in a scene that actually references dozens of other var packages. My recommendation is not to reference packages like that. Either find a var that has only hair, only morphs, etc. or drop it completely.

I recommend you do _not_ edit the meta.json file. Actually fix the dependencies instead, it takes a little bit more time but you'll avoid "hiding" dependencies for resources that will show up in screenshots and for which authors might actually really want credit for.

Hope that helps :)

Upvote 0
Ok, its fixed, awesome! Thanks for the help you two (y)
Got the JSONViewer and saw all the 20+ dependencies were coming from one single VAR

Now its cleared and I can post something new soon :cool:

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom