Question Help with an inconveniently-placed tattoo

leviathan0999

Reactions
Patreon
leviathan0999
So, there are a couple of models of this particular actress, but because they're focused on one particular character she played, they don't have her real-life tattoos. She's got one on her left forearm I managed to make a decal for, but this one -- Michael Jackson's eyes just below the nape of her neck -- has me stumped. Can someone show me approximately where on the "torso" texture a decal should be placed to appear just below the nape of the neck?

Attachments

• 608dcd264dec6ef4abaf1dad9fba8018.jpg
    608dcd264dec6ef4abaf1dad9fba8018.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 0
The Torso texture has a seem that runs up the center of the back, so the nape of the neck is split in two roughly here...
nape.jpg

You can use SnowSultans seem guides to see exactly where if you want to use an image editing program just put it on a model in daz or vam and take a screenshot as a reference. Your best bet for anything that goes over a seem though is texture painting a stencil directly onto the model in blender, that way you avoid misaligned edges and warping. You will need to make a new torso material in blender as the daz model splits the head, neck, torso, and hips over separate ones for some reason even though they all use the same texture.
https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/seam-guides-by-snowsultan.2217/

Try it yourself first as a learning experience. If you have issues tell me, send some high res images of the tattoos you want and I'll texture it for you when I get time.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom