Question Help! my VMI morph File is lacking its "formulas"!

camocamo0531

Reactions
Hey, I've been making custom body morphs with DAZ and Zbrush,
which worked with no problem, but suddenly I started to get funny results like the picture.

After several days of investigation, I found out that the previous morphs which worked,
included these "formulas" in the VMI file (you can open this with note pad)
and the ones which is not working, didn't include this part.

I'm not sure what this formulas are(maybe a parameter related to bones?)
but I think I need to get this back. Do anyone know how this could be done?

1661325203931.png

Sorry everyone,

I'm really embarrassed to tell you that the above "lacking formula" problem just solved right after I deleted all the morphs in
\My DAZ 3D Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 2\Female\Morphs\username\Product
I wonder why, but maybe I tested too much and made several morphs which originates from the same obj file...

Upvote 0
I don't know blender, but i know that "formula" morphs are morphs that don't contain any actual morph data themselves, but rather control other morphs.

Sometimes in Vam you will find a morph that you can't change because it says it's being controlled by X. X is a formula morph.

Upvote 0
OH no this is happening again.... can anyone please please help me?

Please see the attached file. I made 2 morphs which looks same in DAZ, and imported it to VAM,
but 1 worked and another didn't.

As you can see, nothing is really different, except for the fact that the .VMI includes "formulas"
when they work, and doesn't include them when it corrupts.

For those who may not know, when you save the DAZ morph file ( ex TESTMORPH.dson ) in
\VaM_Updater\Custom\Atom\Person\Morphs\female
and boot Vam, the program automatically make 2 additional files along with the dson file,
That is the ".vmb" file and the ".vmi" file. ( for example. if you save TESTMORPH.dson, you'll get TESTMORPH.vmb and TESTMORPH.vmi)

What I found, is that even if I'm using exactly the same obj file as the source of the DAZ morph,
it sometimes work and sometime doesn't... and all the one which works correctly, has these "formulas" written in the .vmi.

Do anyone know what triggers Vam to write these "formulas" in the .vmi file?
I thought it's something to do with :

-If you're using reverse deformation or not
-The ERC freeze settings

but not really sure...

>>DJ

Thanks for your info! I'd be glad if you know the difference when VaM writes these formulas in the vmi, and sometimes not...

Attachments

• difference.jpg
    difference.jpg
    644.9 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom