• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Question Installing VMI VMB Morphs....?

Bahdahbohm

Reactions
Hi, I got the foot builder and foot 2.0 morphs from Electric Dreams and after unzipping and placing them in the female morphs folder do not see them in-game. I'm not sure what I am doing wrong....it's my first day and any help is greatly appreciated.

Hi,
if you have unzip them in the .../custom/atom/person/morphs/female/(any subfold name) folder (from memory),
they should appear somewhere in the female morph tab. You may open one of the morph files with a text editor and see the name of the sub-section. If I remember correctly, it was "electric dreams"? It does not have to appear in the morph/foot section.

If you want to see the changes from the (highly recommended!) included normal-map(s), those have to be added to the skin-textures-tab.
The textures should go to the .../custom/atom/person/textures/electric dr... folder. Those blue limbs textures have to be selected in the skin-textures-tab under the appopriate normal map entry.

Upvote 0
Edit: Nowerdays, morphs and most other downloadable stuff comes in .Var files. These should not be unzipped and moved manually, but just have to be moved as-they-are to the AddonPackage folder.
Just in case some readers might ask themselves how I could suggest unzip something: Those (old but still great) Electric Dreams morphs and textures were originally pre-Var.

Upvote 0
Just wanted to add that if you want to change the morph category a morph shows up in (like moving these to "feet' instead of "electric dreams", you can open the .vmi file with a text editor and change the "region" entry to the category you want.

But that's just for loose morphs. You can't edit vars this way.

Upvote 0
Edit: Nowerdays, morphs and most other downloadable stuff comes in .Var files. These should not be unzipped and moved manually, but just have to be moved as-they-are to the AddonPackage folder.
Just in case some readers might ask themselves how I could suggest unzip something: Those (old but still great) Electric Dreams morphs and textures were originally pre-Var.

Hey!
you will help?

I do everything as usual, move them to the "AddonPackages" folder, but for some reason they are not in the morphs category ...

PS sorry for my english)

Upvote 0
Hey!
you will help?

I do everything as usual, move them to the "AddonPackages" folder, but for some reason they are not in the morphs category ...

PS sorry for my english)

The problem is that isn't a .var file. It's just some loose morphs in a zip file. If you open it with your zip program, you'll find a bunch of .vmi and .vmb files. Extract and copy those to Custom\Atom\Person\Morphs\female (or male, as the case may be).

Upvote 0
The problem is that isn't a .var file. It's just some loose morphs in a zip file. If you open it with your zip program, you'll find a bunch of .vmi and .vmb files. Extract and copy those to Custom\Atom\Person\Morphs\female (or male, as the case may be).

thanks!
everything worked out)

Upvote 0
thanks!
everything worked out)

PS: There is a shoulder-front/back morph in one of my my morph collections:

or here:

Upvote 0
@sprite253 I have downloaded that morph, too and it works for me.
Like DJ said, you have unzip the files to a folder and move that folder to Custom\Atom\Person\Morphs\female

It creates a new morph category called "NovaVR--BodyBuilder", so maybe you have missed this.

EDIT: Sorry I have missed your "everything works" message.

Upvote 0
@sprite253 I have downloaded that morph, too and it works for me.
Like DJ said, you have unzip the files to a folder and move that folder to Custom\Atom\Person\Morphs\female

It creates a new morph category called "NovaVR--BodyBuilder", so maybe you have missed this.

EDIT: Sorry I have missed your "everything works" message.

thanks for your answer anyway)

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom