Answered Help! My new Blender model is being rendered wrong size/distance in VAM(VR).

Jabberwock

Reactions
Hi,
I'm a bit new to VAM.

Created a model in Blender, get it into Unity, then into VAM. It looks brilliant in VR... one eye at a time, but with both eyes the object seems to be drawn at the wrong size/distance (spacial distance between eyes is screwed up on that object alone).

I have tried to first ask google, but I am on day 3 of the same problem.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Possible causes without having seen a screenshot:
  • Your object might simply be the wrong size, so its actually way further or way closer away than you think. Maybe you build your model in Blender in centimeter or millimeter scale, while Unity/VaM use meters as unit. So "1 unit" in Unity means "1 meter". I can help to add a Unity default cube to your scene, that is 1m in size. You can scale you model either during the export process in Blender or during the import into Unity.
  • Possibly you are not using the correct project sittings for stereo rendering to work. Check out https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/unity-assetbundles-for-vam-1-xx.167/

Upvote 0
Hi,

Your guide was the one that finally allowed me to get a model into VAM, thx man.
The only one I found that gave a Unity version number!
Thanks ;D

I exported an actor from VAM into Unity as a reference for the size.
And with the model, I was able to scale it in Blender before export and within Unity, both result in the same.
With DAZ I saw options on import to set one unit to ~6foot, but none in unity.

Anyway, I will go though the guide one more time, slowly.

It has to be a projection setting somewhere.
On a 3d TV I've seen how 3D objects can appear to go into the TV or how it can look like it comes out of the TV.
In VAM or VR, it looks like everything is deeper into the scene, but my model (even if it is behind a VAM object), looks like its in front.
:p

Will let you know.

Upvote 0
Its the following two settings that are important....I noticed its actually not mentioned in my guide for some reason, but the included project has these applied:
  • Set project Color Space to Linear to get proper lighting. This is found in Edit->Project Settings->Player. Then click Other Settings tab. Set Color Space->Linear (default is Gamma)
  • Turn on VR support and set to single pass. This is found in Edit->Project Settings->Player. Then click XR Settings tab. Click Virtual Reality Support checkbox. The set Stereo Rendering Method->Single Pass.
(Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/VirtAMate/wiki/custom_unity_asset_atom#wiki_building_custom_assets )

Upvote 0
Its the following two settings that are important....I noticed its actually not mentioned in my guide for some reason, but the included project has these applied:
  • Set project Color Space to Linear to get proper lighting. This is found in Edit->Project Settings->Player. Then click Other Settings tab. Set Color Space->Linear (default is Gamma)
  • Turn on VR support and set to single pass. This is found in Edit->Project Settings->Player. Then click XR Settings tab. Click Virtual Reality Support checkbox. The set Stereo Rendering Method->Single Pass.
(Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/VirtAMate/wiki/custom_unity_asset_atom#wiki_building_custom_assets )

I did have to start the unity project from scratch... but worked like a charm!
Thank you!

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom