Question Hard drive space and storage keep reducing significantly each time play in VAM everyday

Reactions
Hi everyone, advice and guidance needed urgently.

My Hard drive space and storage is reducing 500mb to 1GB approximately each time I on VAM for 2-3hrs, sometime I would save some presets and scenes, and realized that the files size of 'Textures' in folder Cache is increasing significatly, and now the folder size is now 230GB.

would that be ok for us to delete some of those vamcache files in the folder? would it affect the presets/scenes or any other records?

Any other better solutions or ways that we may manage the file sizes without affecting the play experience?

Please pardon my english as I am from Malaysia and it might be difficult for some of you to understand my concerns.

Your help is very much appreciated as it's a nightmare to me my drive is reduced with 10GB in 2 weeks time, thanks.

I assume it's from the cache. I think most people clear it very regularly for suspected instability reasons. But disk space is a good reason as well.

cache.png

Upvote 0
It is most likely the cache option, as stated above. Unfortunately VaM doesn't clear up that files correctly, so they just pile up. If you have issues with deleting the cache, just keep on trying, it is a bit buggy. Maybe you have to select and deselect the option several times, or maybe even change the location. You can even brutally delete the cache file(s) manually, but maybe create a safety copy first. Those cache is only for loading textures and thumbnails a bit faster. It makes only a very small difference, if you keep it on your precious SSD or move it to a HDD.

Upvote 0
It is most likely the cache option, as stated above. Unfortunately VaM doesn't clear up that files correctly, so they just pile up. If you have issues with deleting the cache, just keep on trying, it is a bit buggy. Maybe you have to select and deselect the option several times, or maybe even change the location. You can even brutally delete the cache file(s) manually, but maybe create a safety copy first. Those cache is only for loading textures and thumbnails a bit faster. It makes only a very small difference, if you keep it on your precious SSD or move it to a HDD.
Thanks for the advice, Tried it ytd and I think I will do as you said by deleting it manually from the folder sometime, thanks.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom