Question RAM drive?

ghostmerder

Reactions
Has anyone with 64gigs+ of ram tried loading VAM into a RAM drive to see if it helps with loading times? Back when games were a few gigs and hds were mechanical it made a big difference?

Waiting on an RMA motherboard right now so I can't try it myself just yet but surely someone else on here has tried it?

I installed my system in a nvme 500GB (Samsung), vam cache and vam main folder separately in two secondary ssd (1TB and 250GB). Besides the cache, that I have to clean periodically like all we should do, my vam install must keep a reasonable files amount (actual max 160GB it is morally and practically even too much, but I am very lazy about vam igienic). Cleaning away ugly trash downloaded vars, textures, looks, clothes, morphs, assets etc. should be the first priority to escape from problems and also from ram drive experiments with uncertain results. NVME drive and a sober strictly clean windows system is the best support for the rebel stubborn vam character, IMHO.
RAM drive just for vam cache? That is more interesting, but then you must probably waste precious time each day vam loads ( doesn't ram drive empty saved data when you shut your computer, if you shut your pc? ). Not worth at all.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom