Question Time in Animations

rernat

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Patreon
rernat
Hi,
when I edit animations the timeline in the editor is slower then realtime. This is especially a problem when I try to sync with audio. Additional I'm wondering if the animation is different from user to user. Does it depent on the GPU CPU Power? Is there a solution for this?

If you're referring to the "Scene Animation" tab in the main menu, there is an option to control how fast the overall animation plays. On the first tab ("Control" I think?) at the bottom there's a slider. It should default to 1, which should be real-time speed. You can speed it up or slow it down as necessary. Just remember that you're limited to a maximum duration of 100 seconds, I believe.

You can also try using the TimeLine plugin from Acidbubbles, which allows you to create animations that are not dependent on the scene timeline. It's not nearly as easy as possessing a node and recording using the built in timeline, but it's much more versatile.

https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/timeline.94/

Upvote 0
If you're referring to the "Scene Animation" tab in the main menu, there is an option to control how fast the overall animation plays. On the first tab ("Control" I think?) at the bottom there's a slider. It should default to 1, which should be real-time speed. You can speed it up or slow it down as necessary. Just remember that you're limited to a maximum duration of 100 seconds, I believe.

You can also try using the TimeLine plugin from Acidbubbles, which allows you to create animations that are not dependent on the scene timeline. It's not nearly as easy as possessing a node and recording using the built in timeline, but it's much more versatile.

https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/timeline.94/
Thx reanimator,
meanwhile I found the problem. Yes it should run in realtime but as soon as the frame rate of a user drops below at least 45 Hz (when setting physics to auto or 45 Hz). The animations slow down where e.g. audio still runs in realtime speed. Thats because the animations are not rendered but realtimephysics. This is cool as we still can interact with the atoms while an animation is running but bad qith regard to snycing animations with audio. and you can never be sure if the animations run that way on the customers site as you intented.

Upvote 0
One option to maintain sync might be to trigger an animation pattern or TimeLine animation and an audio file in the same trigger. Probably not helpful if you're trying to sync to music or some "continuous" sound, but if you're syncing an animation to a voice over line, it might help.

Upvote 0
One option to maintain sync might be to trigger an animation pattern or TimeLine animation and an audio file in the same trigger. Probably not helpful if you're trying to sync to music or some "continuous" sound, but if you're syncing an animation to a voice over line, it might help.
Yes for shot sounds this works in some cases like a random moan somewhere in teh scene. But imagine an in-/out-sound with a frequenzy of 4 Hz with an animation wich was also intended with 4 hz but only runing 3 hz or less.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom