Not A Bug Hair glitch after cleaning cache

YogaAreUs

Reactions
Hi, I have no idea what happened, the hairs were working fine until I decided to free some space by cleaning the cache, once I loaded one of the scenes the hair has now this glitch where parts of the hair are missing and the parts that do render now look like straws instead of hair. And I have no idea how to fix it, does anyone know how to fix it please?

Even the default scene is with the same hair problem.

Attachments

• 1674023120.jpg
    1674023120.jpg
    579.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 1674023125.jpg
    1674023125.jpg
    536.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 1674023130.jpg
    1674023130.jpg
    980.6 KB · Views: 0
Never mind, to anyone with the same problem, I found looking at an older post in this same forum. If you have a graphics card from AMD like me, check the Tesselation options, appereantly my bro changed the config to play another game (to get a FPS boost) and that affected mine.

Go to Tesselation Mode and change the option for the 'application to decide the settings' instead of 'Override Application settings' because if that option is turned on then your AMD config will override VAM's config and the hair won't render properly.

Go to Tesselation Mode and change the option for the 'application to decide the settings' instead of 'Override Application settings'
You can still override it to save few frames, just don't go below 8x. I have it at 16x
Also if not mistaken AMD optimized sets it to 32x (32x vs 64x you can't see the difference, aside from lower fps).

EDIT: app restart is required for this setting to take any effect

Back
Top Bottom