GiveMeFPS

Plugins GiveMeFPS

Yeah, definitely need something to reverse all the changes that CPU Bench does.

BTW, the Rift S only goes to 80fps, so there is nothing particularly special about the 90fps number, that was just some number they decided on years ago I think to sell more faster GPUs as a target to get to. I actually don't notice it being that bad even if I get only 40fps in scenes. The 45fps drop was so much lesser GPUs could get decent framerate by them inserting a fake ASW frame every second frame while keeping the correct game speed (not slowing down the effective rate in game)
Plugin updated with performance prefs restore button - restores back to point of when you first pressed cpu bench (either button)

I've read up a lot about ASW (rift) and motion smoothing (steamvr) has made vam far more playable - but still it's nicer to have full frame rate - got a 3080 on it, should hopefully sort that out

Thanks for the plugin and superstupid question:
Where can i load session plugins? Is it under Person Plugins or somewhere else?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Sorry finally found it under "edit mode" in the tab that opens when one of the top left blue "Add Atom" or "Add Person Atom" is clicked.

redeyes updated GiveMeFPS with a new update entry:

Override atom settings on Scene load (default is off)

Will now override the atom settings (applying to all persons) on loading any scene if tick box is checked.

Make sure to save 'Session Plugin Presets -> Change User Defaults -> Set Current As User Defaults' to make this permanent on loading VAM or it'll only be active for that run of VAM and will default to off next time you load VAM

Does not include overriding performance preferences

Read the rest of this update entry...

Great plugin for me. Thank you. I use it to parameter each scene and saw that "render scale" does not work well and I think it is essential parameter. I observed that it is work at 1 and 2 but not between with step 0.1. Perhaps a programing mistake ? Please is it possible to fix this bug ? Regards

Great plugin for me. Thank you. I use it to parameter each scene and saw that "render scale" does not work well and I think it is essential parameter. I observed that it is work at 1 and 2 but not between with step 0.1. Perhaps a programing mistake ? Please is it possible to fix this bug ? Regards
I'll look it into when I find time

Attempt to adjust person on loading look and fixed Render scale issue

Adjust Person On Load Look
The plugin will attempt to adjust a person on loading a look. However it's only possible to do this if the name of the look changes (OnAtomUIDsChanged). If the name of the loaded look is the same as the current person, it won't apply the settings.

Fix render scale issue
Cut-n-paste error - was casting as (int) for float variable

Fixed

Added dynamic adjust on load the Glute softbody setting depending on tnumber of persons in the scene

Added dynamic adjust of Glute softbody setting depending on number of persons in the scene

When multiple persons are in a scene glute softbody physics can really hammer the CPU - but I often found myself switch this on again when only 1 person in a scene - I'm lazy / like coding my way to the lazy life.

New option with slider for number of person has been added

When i click on session plugins and load your plugin, I get errors. I'm currently working with VaM 1.19.x Here is the log file. It's in 2 pieces because I can't figure out how to copy and paste the text.

Attachments

• givemefps1.JPG
    givemefps1.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 0
  • givemefps2.JPG
    givemefps2.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
When load this game show me this error:

!> Exception during sync of package json cache: ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.ZipException: Size mismatch between central header(240) and local header(0) at ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.ZipFile.TestLocalHeader (ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.ZipEntry entry, HeaderTest tests) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.ZipFile.LocateEntry (ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.ZipEntry entry) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.ZipFile.GetInputStream (Int64 entryIndex) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.ZipFile.GetInputStream (ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.ZipEntry entry) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at MVR.FileManagement.VarFileEntryStream..ctor (MVR.FileManagement.VarFileEntry entry) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at MVR.FileManagement.VarFileEntryStreamReader..ctor (MVR.FileManagement.VarFileEntry entry) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at MVR.FileManagement.FileManager.OpenStreamReader (MVR.FileManagement.FileEntry fe) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at MVR.FileManagement.FileManager.ReadAllText (MVR.FileManagement.FileEntry fe) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at MVR.FileManagement.VarPackage.AddDirToCache (MVR.FileManagement.VarDirectoryEntry de, System.String pattern, SimpleJSON.JSONClass cache) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at MVR.FileManagement.VarPackage.AddDirToCache (MVR.FileManagement.VarDirectoryEntry de, System.String pattern, SimpleJSON.JSONClass cache) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at MVR.FileManagement.VarPackage.SyncJSONCache () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I can still play game but this always causes this error. Please fix it.

When load this game show me this error:

!> Exception during sync of package json cache: ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.ZipException: Size mismatch between central header(240) and local header(0) at ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.ZipFile.TestLocalHeader (ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.ZipEntry entry, HeaderTest tests) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.ZipFile.LocateEntry (ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.ZipEntry entry) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.ZipFile.GetInputStream (Int64 entryIndex) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.ZipFile.GetInputStream (ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.ZipEntry entry) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at MVR.FileManagement.VarFileEntryStream..ctor (MVR.FileManagement.VarFileEntry entry) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at MVR.FileManagement.VarFileEntryStreamReader..ctor (MVR.FileManagement.VarFileEntry entry) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at MVR.FileManagement.FileManager.OpenStreamReader (MVR.FileManagement.FileEntry fe) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at MVR.FileManagement.FileManager.ReadAllText (MVR.FileManagement.FileEntry fe) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at MVR.FileManagement.VarPackage.AddDirToCache (MVR.FileManagement.VarDirectoryEntry de, System.String pattern, SimpleJSON.JSONClass cache) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at MVR.FileManagement.VarPackage.AddDirToCache (MVR.FileManagement.VarDirectoryEntry de, System.String pattern, SimpleJSON.JSONClass cache) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at MVR.FileManagement.VarPackage.SyncJSONCache () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I can still play game but this always causes this error. Please fix it.
I've no idea what that's about - my best guess you've got a corrupted game install or at not using the latest version

Try running VaM_Updater.exe - select options and sync repair all

Last edited:
I've no idea what that's about - my best guess you've got a corrupted game install or at not using the latest version

Try running VaM_Updater.exe - select options and sync repair all
I've updated game. Checked game everthing good

Thanks, Red Eyes! Can I use this plugin to cap my FPS? I'm looking for such a utility that will allow me to cap my FPS at 60. I appreciate your great plugin, and your time.
That's not one I think is possible - best option is set vsync option on and then set the monitor to fps you're looking for.

Thanks for the great plugin!

I have some (possibly stupid) questions regarding that paragraph from the Discussion page:
On the VR front it should be noted, you need extra head room to really do 80/90 because if the GPU misses a single frame it'll drop to 40/45 FPS which is really annoying. Yes you can turn off ASW (Oculus) / Motion Smoothing (steamvr) but I've found it can be pretty choppy if you don't hit 90fps with steamvr and a vive pro

For reference my PC is a intel 9700k, 32GB ram with an Nvidia 3080. It's mostly the CPU that holds me back for more the 2 girls in a scene. Using the above recommended settings I can see the CPU being used far more than default values as the GPU is able to render more frames because of less demand.

I recommend the following also helps, if you think you're CPU bound, turn off hyperthreading - VAM is single core dependant. You can also mess with CPU affinty to try and get similar results.

1) How do I turn off hyperthreading with a AMD cpu?
2) How to disable ASW (Quest1!) when using the OcculusXR runtime (I start Vam through a custum .bat via VirtualDesktop, so I have neither Occ/SteamVR user interface)?
3) What is the CPU test supposed to tell me? Is there some readout I may be missing? Or is it implied that I have a 3rd party diagnostic running to see the changes? Where are those numbers that I am supposed to look at & go "Aaaaaaah!"?

Thanks for the great plugin!

I have some (possibly stupid) questions regarding that paragraph from the Discussion page:

1) How do I turn off hyperthreading with a AMD cpu?
2) How to disable ASW (Quest1!) when using the OcculusXR runtime (I start Vam through a custum .bat via VirtualDesktop, so I have neither Occ/SteamVR user interface)?
3) What is the CPU test supposed to tell me? Is there some readout I may be missing? Or is it implied that I have a 3rd party diagnostic running to see the changes? Where are those numbers that I am supposed to look at & go "Aaaaaaah!"?
For 1 & 2 I'm afraid I don't know as own neither - On hyperthread I know for intel the option is in bios and I'd imagine the same would be true of AMD. Note, it might well make things worst and not better - but one to play with and try
For ASW that - google is your friend.
As for the CPU test, that's simple trying to take the strain off the GPU so you can then see how much your CPU is holding you back when you turn off/on the various softbody physics. If you find that it makes no difference to FPS turn it on, that would be because you're limited by the CPU

The main 2 limits in VAM for my money, is glute physics and sim hair, turning that off glute physics and reducing hair sim will often give huge boost for FPS - which is what the recommend setting in GiveMeFPS does, hence why it's so good and improving FPS.

One quick question, I got spike in likes and comments, was GiveMeFPS mentioned some place?

Hey RedEyes, thx for the quick answer!

For 1 & 2 I'm afraid I don't know as own neither - On hyperthread I know for intel the option is in bios and I'd imagine the same would be true of AMD. Note, it might well make things worst and not better - but one to play with and try

Yeah, I sort of figured -> tbh, I was kinda hoping for an AMD-enabled fan of yours to swoop in & take that one ...

For ASW that - google is your friend.

Arrrrrgh -> Not only Google! I just recalled that MacGruber handily provided two .bat files along with his recent FPS testing tool to enable/disable ASW that is hosted right here on the Hub ... (to make things worse, I'm subbed to Mac, so I was actually kinda an "Investor" during the development phase of that project ... ). Reason is that that infernal Occulus Desktop client is going to override your ASW settings each time you fire it up ...

As for the CPU test, that's simple trying to take the strain off the GPU so you can then see how much your CPU is holding you back when you turn off/on the various softbody physics. If you find that it makes no difference to FPS turn it on, that would be because you're limited by the CPU

Ok, just to indulge the proven moron:

- The diagnostic readout you're using is simply the FPS count of VaM's builtin performance overlay, yes? (I have to admit I don't have a clue what the other numbers on the performance overlay are supposed to tell me (the measurements in ms)).

- Also, isn't there a "not" missing somewhere? Softbody physics is calculated on the CPU - if I don't notice a difference turning it on and off, then I'm NOT CPU limited?

Sorry for pestering you with my cluelessness ...

The main 2 limits in VAM for my money, is glute physics and sim hair, turning that off glute physics and reducing hair sim will often give huge boost for FPS - which is what the recommend setting in GiveMeFPS does, hence why it's so good and improving FPS.

Yeah ... I'm not sure I see such drastic effects from softbody phys with my machine (Other settings seem to have more immediate effect) Afaics, your 9700K is about on par with my RyZen 3800x in terms of Single Core performance - but I'm running an (undervolted) Ry 5800XT as opposed to your 3080 ... (the 5800XT was pitched as about 2070 Super equivalent (for a lot less $)) - maybe my GPU just isn't beefy enough to make the CPU limit noticeable?

On a tangent: I've been thinking whether it might be worthwhile to toggle each of the three softbody options dynamically during a scene -> In a BJ animation, you're really going to want tongue physics. And GlutePhysics is actually a misnomer -> its the entire lowerbody physics, you're really going to see that during PiV penetration - not sure how collisions are affected by softbody physics, but whatwith VaM peens barely staying where they're supposed to in the first place, I'm somewhat reluctant to disable GlutePhysics outright during penetration animations. Booby physics is actually more of a luxury, IMO.

The thing is that you're not going to need all three all the time during a scene (nevermind a session ...) -> so I linked them up to some triggers (or a custom panel in UIAsssist), so I can quickly toggle each of the three when needed.

One quick question, I got spike in likes and comments, was GiveMeFPS mentioned some place?

Ummmmh ... SlamT just released a new foursome scene (4 Male, 1 Female) & namedropped you in the release post? (Also mentioned the dynamic adjustment -> Afaics that's not going to do much, since you edited the counter to only count females, since males don't have much in terms of softbody to begin with ... )

Last edited:
Hey RedEyes, thx for the quick answer!

Yeah, I sort of figured -> tbh, I was kinda hoping for an AMD-enabled fan of yours to swoop in & take that one ...

Arrrrrgh -> Not only Google! I just recalled that MacGruber handily provided two .bat files along with his recent FPS testing tool to enable/disable ASW that is hosted right here on the Hub ... (to make things worse, I'm subbed to Mac, so I was actually kinda an "Investor" during the development phase of that project ... ). Reason is that that infernal Occulus Desktop client is going to override your ASW settings each time you fire it up ...

Ok, just to indulge the proven moron:

- The diagnostic readout you're using is simply the FPS count of VaM's builtin performance overlay, yes? (I have to admit I don't have a clue what the other numbers on the performance overlay are supposed to tell me (the measurements in ms)).

- Also, isn't there a "not" missing somewhere? Softbody physics is calculated on the CPU - if I don't notice a difference turning it on and off, then I'm NOT CPU limited?

Sorry for pestering you with my cluelessness ...

Yeah ... I'm not sure I see such drastic effects from softbody phys with my machine (Other settings seem to have more immediate effect) Afaics, your 9700K is about on par with my RyZen 3800x in terms of Single Core performance - but I'm running an (undervolted) Ry 5800XT as opposed to your 3080 ... (the 5800XT was pitched as about 2070 Super equivalent (for a lot less $)) - maybe my GPU just isn't beefy enough to make the CPU limit noticeable?

On a tangent: I've been thinking whether it might be worthwhile to toggle each of the three softbody options dynamically during a scene -> In a BJ animation, you're really going to want tongue physics. And GlutePhysics is actually a misnomer -> its the entire lowerbody physics, you're really going to see that during PiV penetration - not sure how collisions are affected by softbody physics, but whatwith VaM peens barely staying where they're supposed to in the first place, I'm somewhat reluctant to disable GlutePhysics outright during penetration animations. Booby physics is actually more of a luxury, IMO.

The thing is that you're not going to need all three all the time during a scene (nevermind a session ...) -> so I linked them up to some triggers (or a custom panel in UIAsssist), so I can quickly toggle each of the three when needed.

Ummmmh ... SlamT just released a new foursome scene (4 Male, 1 Female) & namedropped you in the release post? (Also mentioned the dynamic adjustment -> Afaics that's not going to do much, since you edited the counter to only count females, since males don't have much in terms of softbody to begin with ... )
For CPU bench try switching between softbody physics On and Restore performance parameters - this is basically just switching between low GPU usage and high GPU usage leaving softbody physics fully on. So if switching between those 2 doesn't change your FPS - then you're bottled on the CPU - for me this is the case with say 3 girls in a scene, it's 50 FPS no matter the graphic settings. You can manually try this, turning off hair sim, turning off pixel lights, no mirrors etc.

As for dynamically adjusting - I have thought about that, but it's a lot more involved and if I'm honest, my coding skills in Unity game engine are limited. I have been looking at turning of colliders to see if that would reduce the CPU hit, but again, all takes time...

Added adjust cloth on load of scene and model - also added hair weight adjust set to 1.0

Added adjust of all clothing items on persons for sim iterations 1, stiffness 1.0 and weight 0.5

THIS HAS TO BE ENABLED as it's off by default - some will like this feature, some won't so added option for preference.

Also add hair weight adjusy and set a recommended default of 1.0 (vam default is 1.5) - this just brings the hair back up a bit to where it should be

Adjust layout a little

Back
Top Bottom