• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

GiveMeFPS

Plugins GiveMeFPS 3.5.3

redeyes

Featured Contributor
Reactions
redeyes submitted a new resource:

GiveMeFPS - Session Plugin to quickly set person options for more FPS

Disclaimer - This is my first plugin attempt - it's not polished

Session plugin to quickly set ALL person options to give more frames per second at diffently levels to 3 different levels

Sets softbody physics for Tongue, breast & glute on/off & adjust hair parameters to give FPS

Options as follows
Give me some FPS: Turns off Tongue & Glute softbody physics, breasts on, Hair Curve Density 16 - Multiplier 3 - strand width 0.00045 - iterations 1, Quality hair shader - RECOMMENDED -...

Read more about this resource...

Thanks. Handy. Seems to work in my quick test on an existing scene I know is dog slow from complex sim hair and mirrors. Went from 30FPS to max 60FPS on desktop instantly.

Ah yeah mirrors, next version will feature reflections off!

Now need to go figure out how to do that...

Would love an option to just apply the hair tweaks, I find this to be most frequently offending FPS killer in community models.

redeyes updated GiveMeFPS with a new update entry:

Added hair only option

Added an option to only adjust the hair parameters

I've been thinking of adding sliders and toggles so users can select the options themselves but have a set of preset option buttons for easy no thinking options - going to look into how to do that next

Also, how to force override option so it'll just set it no matter the scene loading and not need user to open the panel to select the option

Read the rest of this update entry...

I like the concept, but I am worried about getting scenes with the physics turned off (if I didn't want physics, I'd stuck with Daz Studio, LOL). I have my settings exactly how I need them and don't mess with them or change them to suite a scene and the last thing i need is to d/l a scene and have things be changed because the creators system is different than my own, or that they only use desktop and I only use VR.

I haven't tried it, but maybe a user option to see what is off or on and to set all to on in case of things coming in disabled when d/ling a scene

Yeah like I said, adding sliders/toggles will do the job as I'd probably make them show current settings by default and it doesn't auto update at the moment - thats on the list of things to try

Thanks, this will help a lot. The UI in VAM is pretty tough to master, sooooo many settings. I did notice you said your fps would automatically drop to 45fps if it couldn't achieve 90. If this is in Oculus you can turn off Asynchronous Spacewarp in the Oculus debug tool. It should be located in your oculus diagnostics folder.

SteamVR has a simular option, use legacy projection - that's how I know I'm geting 80-85fps - but you need a good 90fps with no drop frames. Anyway, a 3080 will hopefully sort that one out :)

Have you ever thought about adding a button on the main screen that is always visible (like UIAssist)?

Have you ever thought about adding a button on the main screen that is always visible (like UIAssist)?
Yep, on the list of things to try and work out, along with store user config and make the new added sliders adjust according to main button press

" On the VR front it should be noted, you need extra head room to really do 80/90 because if the GPU misses a single frame it'll drop to 40/45 FPS which is really annoying, my own setup is usally sitting at 80-85fps which means it drops to 45fps!! "

You know, if you use an Oculus headset you can disable Asynchronous Spacewarp using the Oculus Debug Tool so that it doesn't immediately drop to 45FPS in this case (less than 90FPS). So it would stay at 80FPS.

I just noticed, after I tried the CPU bench options, when I clicked "VAM Default" button, it did not put all settings back to default, eg the pixel light count stayed at 0, Shader Quality, MSAA, Smooth Passes levels didn't change either. Not sure if there are others not working too.

" On the VR front it should be noted, you need extra head room to really do 80/90 because if the GPU misses a single frame it'll drop to 40/45 FPS which is really annoying, my own setup is usally sitting at 80-85fps which means it drops to 45fps!! "

You know, if you use an Oculus headset you can disable Asynchronous Spacewarp using the Oculus Debug Tool so that it doesn't immediately drop to 45FPS in this case (less than 90FPS). So it would stay at 80FPS.
I have a vive pro and in steamvr you can enable "legacy projection" and I can see the 80fps - problem is - it's horrible - it's needs to be 90+ to be nice to play - there is a good reason why it drops to 45fps - just annoying when you're sitting at 80-85 - to be so close and yet not get 90.

I just noticed, after I tried the CPU bench options, when I clicked "VAM Default" button, it did not put all settings back to default, eg the pixel light count stayed at 0, Shader Quality, MSAA, Smooth Passes levels didn't change either. Not sure if there are others not working too.
Perhaps I need the button to be more clear or rather put another button below the CPU bench to reset to "default" - the "vam default" is only for the changes that are made to atoms (people in the scene) - none of the quick buttons affect performance preferences

Perhaps I need the button to be more clear or rather put another button below the CPU bench to reset to "default" - the "vam default" is only for the changes that are made to atoms (people in the scene) - none of the quick buttons affect performance preferences

Yeah, definitely need something to reverse all the changes that CPU Bench does.

BTW, the Rift S only goes to 80fps, so there is nothing particularly special about the 90fps number, that was just some number they decided on years ago I think to sell more faster GPUs as a target to get to. I actually don't notice it being that bad even if I get only 40fps in scenes. The 45fps drop was so much lesser GPUs could get decent framerate by them inserting a fake ASW frame every second frame while keeping the correct game speed (not slowing down the effective rate in game)

Back
Top Bottom