Answered Force clothes to never penetrate the skin? (Sim < 1)

Elias

Reactions
When I try to reduce the distance between fabric and skin, if I make colliders smaller or weaker there is a chance that some zones with low sim values disappear behind the skin during movement.
You can reproduce this in the default scene by editing Heat Up Skirt and change Collision Radius from 0.010 to 0.005, then shake the character.
I tried making the "perfect sim map" for some clothes, but it turns out that different poses would need (slightly) different sims to work as intended.
Is there a way to make skin impenetrable?
Thanks!

This is something that bothers everyone of us (and it is even much more worse with male characters). There were many discussions about that on the Discord, but it seems that there is no way to get rid of this without a very high performance impact. Like hazmhox said, we are all waiting for VaM V2.x, so I really don't think there will be any more updates addressing this issue.
There are very few things you can do about this, like editing the clothes physics settings or the thickness, or doing better sim maps, like you already did. There are some few plugins addressing this. There is one that dials down the nipple morphs when wearing clothes, for instance. An other way would be to edit the persons colliders directly with AcidBubbles Collider Editor/Tuner plugin. But that is much hassle for only a small benefit IMHO.

Upvote 0
There are several sources of inaccueacy in vam..

- cloth collisions use approximate colliders, not the character mesh
- colliders are only approximately adjusted for morphs
- physics is using cloth-vertex to collider collision detection, not edge-to-collider or triangle-to-triangle collision detection

That last one is probably the source of the nipple trouble.. as even if none of the cloth vertices cross through the skin, a small feature like a nipple can poke through the middle of a triangle.

Upvote 0
I think you want to make dancing video. I have four suggests for you:
1. Open [female Morphs], set nipple size to zero .
2. Edit the cloth, set [compression resistance]、[skin joint strength]、[collision power] almost full. And set [stiffness]、[distance Scale]、[weight] to a middle value.
调节衣服属性.png

3. Open [breast physics1] and [breast physics2],set every param about [damper] to full. Also you can try to set every param about [spring] to full.
4. Open [Glute physics] ,set set every param about damper to full.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom