Question First person walking?

TempusFugit

Reactions
Hello everyone!
I'm new to VAM and was wondering how to make a first person walking experience. I've been trying to use a combination of the Embody and Complete Locomotion System plugins but with little success. The mechanism I had in mind is using the Locomotive's input control option to achieve this but it doesn't seem to work. The two plugins also seem to have some weird interactions since when I embody the character, the camera spawns way out of place.

So does anyone have any idea on how to go about this?

you can try my Fraemework plugin:

I updated that a bit more later and added it to Alive, but that's paid content, Fraemework is free

Upvote 0
you can try my Fraemework plugin:

I updated that a bit more later and added it to Alive, but that's paid content, Fraemework is free

The plugin is awesome, thank you very much! It's very close to what I need but I'm still not sure how to use it with a character's body, let alone implement a walking animation. I should also note that I'm using the desktop version of VAM so snug controls aren't really an option /:

Upvote 0
That's very tricky to do in vam , I don't think there's a vam plugin to just do it.

The way I'd do it, or at least try, I'm not sure if it would actually work:
- link the person to the camera using the HeadlightLink plugin
- probably you have to turn off a switch on the person like Physics Freeze On Move
- on the person add timeline or my YAAP plugin (like bvh player but with trigger) to play animations
- with AcidBubbles Keybindings plugin I think you can put triggers on WASD, probably you want just W. And when that happens play a walking animation that's on the place. Like the person doesn't actually advance, just walks in the same spot. The person gets moved by the camera

Upvote 0
That's very tricky to do in vam , I don't think there's a vam plugin to just do it.

The way I'd do it, or at least try, I'm not sure if it would actually work:
- link the person to the camera using the HeadlightLink plugin
- probably you have to turn off a switch on the person like Physics Freeze On Move
- on the person add timeline or my YAAP plugin (like bvh player but with trigger) to play animations
- with AcidBubbles Keybindings plugin I think you can put triggers on WASD, probably you want just W. And when that happens play a walking animation that's on the place. Like the person doesn't actually advance, just walks in the same spot. The person gets moved by the camera
Thank you for the suggestions! I'll try and see where I can go with it, but if it'll turn out to be too complicated I'll probably just give up on the idea :(

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom