Question Walking vr leg movements in fpp

Dpool

Reactions
Hi, I was wondering recently if is it possible to walk in vr mode while posing? if yes, how to do it?

I'm also curious if squatting in pose mode is also possible?

The important thing is whether all this is possible without full body tracking.

Do you have any ideas?
Thank you in advance for your answers :)

Yes baby! Keep it going! :D
The foot movement when turning is impressive, looks pretty realistic. Looking forward for this (y)

Upvote 0
That's what I'm trying to solve right now :)

The idea is to allow bending and squatting with fairly realistic lower body movements. It's a work in progress but I'm confident I'll pull it off!
Nice, looks impressive. i am curious if it will be possible to walk in fpp too.

Upvote 0
@HolySchmidt I meant in Desktop you can "possess" an atom and walk around, it's just that in VR there are complexities around guessing your movements from your head motion, on Desktop you don't really care if the head "bobs" for example.

@nagsugo none, sadly :( I'd _love_ to continue but right now I can barely maintain Timeline with the time I have. Still wanna do it eventually, just enough to release it.

Upvote 0
This seems similar to "compliance", the old plugin that inspired Vam's "compliance" node setting. That Vam update duplicated the original plugins function, but then the plugin was updated to include a kind of shuffling walk when a person is pulled along.

Check it out on Reddit

Compliance 2.1 is available here

Upvote 0
This seems similar to "compliance", the old plugin that inspired Vam's "compliance" node setting. That Vam update duplicated the original plugins function, but then the plugin was updated to include a kind of shuffling walk when a person is pulled along.

Check it out on Reddit

Compliance 2.1 is available here
thank you very much, it looks amazing, i'll tray that. If you possess a character on POV, can you walk by yourself using this pluggin?

Upvote 0
thank you very much, it looks amazing, i'll tray that. If you possess a character on POV, can you walk by yourself using this pluggin?
I've gone back and played with this plugin a bit, and I suspect not. If you push a model, either with a possessed hand or the game controller, they will stumble backwards. But if you grab a node and pull it, they just drift along rather than walking. I suspect possession would be more like pulling a node than pushing the body.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom