Female hair show for male characters

dadirector

Reactions
Hi,
I'm totally new to VAM (or 3D characters) i have downloaded lots of looks, hairs, cloths, and i created a female characters, but I can't see all the packages i downloaded for females, but when i created a male characters, i found most the things i downloaded for females are avaiable there? is there any thing wrong in what I'm doing?

Thanks

If you have downloaded them as Var files and you have put them in the AddonPackage folder, then there is almost nothing you could have done wrong. You maybe want to double check if there are some zip files among those Var files.
If you have downloaded old stuff that has to be unpacked to the custom/hair/ folder, double check if you have unpacked it to the right location.
Female/male: Usually hair is not simply shareable between male/female. But there are some very common big hair packs, which install the same hair for both genders. Mayby this is what you have seen?!

hi @TToby
thanks for your reply, im not sure what are you talking about, but i downloaded them using the VAM browser?! it's not only hair, but also cloths !
Thanks

hi @TToby
thanks for your reply, im not sure what are you talking about, but i downloaded them using the VAM browser?! it's not only hair, but also cloths !
Thanks

Sorry for going too far. In the last three years with VaM, we had some different ways of sharing stuff, and some of that is still out there. But if you are using the official VaM browser, this does not apply to you.

There is almost no way you could have done anything wrong. Everything is automatic.
There is (almost) no way to mix male/female cloth and hair. That is the strange thing with your issue. If the creator has done it for female,than it's female.

The only idea I have for your issue:
Do you know everything about the so called "dependencies"?
To not share the same hair style (for instance) over and over again, the creator should not include it in it's download, but link to it from an other source. The same applies to other stuff like cloth and plugins.
If you download a look, for instance, there most likely will be a long list of dependencies.
I have seen scenes with 60 dependencies and more!
You don't get what you see on that shiny preview picture. Maybe no hair, no cloth, and maybe even most of the morphs are missing. To get all those stuff, click on "get dependencies" in the browser.
Please note that there is an error log in your main menu. This will show all missing dependencies, for instance.
But be warned: you may clutter your drive with tons of stuff in a blink of an eye:
To get one single hair style, the creator may have linked a whole hair pack as dependency.
To maybe add a single head morph, the creator may have linked a whole look from an other creator.
You may want to pre-select a bit and think about what you really want and need.
It is unfortunately not easy to sort out and get rid of all that clutter afterwards.

An other (less possibly) idea: There is a lot of stuff for futa aka shemales around. Those are technically male figures.
So if you are wondering why you maybe have a fancy summer dress in your male clothing tab, or maybe some female hair styles in your hair tab, this is because of the futa.

Last edited:
you're right. i didn't notice that i had some futa stuff i didn't know they will show only for males. so we can't use the same assets for both.. right?

Im sorry to ask this.. but how do resources work in VAM.. once i download a resource what do i do with it? i mean of course the ones are not downloaded through VAM browser

Im sorry to ask this.. but how do resources work in VAM.. once i download a resource what do i do with it? i mean of course the ones are not downloaded through VAM browser
You are welcome. Just copy the .var file to your AddonPackages folder. You will see a lot of .var files there from your VAM browser downloads.

Back
Top Bottom