Question Exporting a project with multiple scenes

tryunustr

Reactions
So I'm new here sorry if it's being asked a lot but the search did not give me helpful results.

So I made a project with multiple scenes, like 6 or 7. All on the same map but different positions because I couldn't figure out how to load new positions and animations in one scene, yet.
I made the "next scene" buttons for every scene and everything works great so far, on my installation.

Now my question.
When I save with package builder it only saves the scene I'm in at the time. Not the next scenes. Am missing something? Because I have some community made stuff which do exact this thing where you trigger a button and a loading screen appears to the next scene. I don't know how to do that

When I save with package builder it only saves the scene I'm in at the time. Not the next scenes. Am missing something? Because I have some community made stuff which do exact this thing where you trigger a button and a loading screen appears to the next scene. I don't know how to do that

When creating the package with the package builder you can add as many files as you want (left side menu, add files). You have to add all your relevant files there, all the other scenes. In case you're referencing something that's local and not part of the package it should also throw some errors at you when you hit Prep Package

All on the same map but different positions because I couldn't figure out how to load new positions and animations in one scene, yet.
one quick way might be using subscenes. an example of that you can find in my callbacks demo here https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/aeternum-tools-pack.15127/. i'm doing more weirder stuff there but the idea is that you add a subscene atom to your scene (flag icon), then set the parent of other atoms as that subscene atom. You can then save the subscene like mysubscene1. Then with buttons you can do an action like subsceneatom > load subscene with name > mysubscene1/2/3, this way you'll have a single main scene and just change parts of it as needed. Or to change just the positions you can do that with pose presets, you save some presets like position1/2/3 and then with a button you can do Person > control (or atomControl?) > something like load pose preset by name > position1/2/3. In both cases you'll also have to include the subscenes (/custom/subscenes/) and the presets (custom/atom/person/pose/) to your package along with your scene[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Upvote 0
Thank you. Will check this out after work. But I think I figured it out just by reading you answer.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
one quick way might be using subscenes. an example of that you can find in my callbacks demo here https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/aeternum-tools-pack.15127/. i'm doing more weirder stuff there but the idea is that you add a subscene atom to your scene (flag icon), then set the parent of other atoms as that subscene atom. You can then save the subscene like mysubscene1. Then with buttons you can do an action like subsceneatom > load subscene with name > mysubscene1/2/3, this way you'll have a single main scene and just change parts of it as needed. Or to change just the positions you can do that with pose presets, you save some presets like position1/2/3 and then with a button you can do Person > control (or atomControl?) > something like load pose preset by name > position1/2/3. In both cases you'll also have to include the subscenes (/custom/subscenes/) and the presets (custom/atom/person/pose/) to your package along with your scene

Okay I managed to save and load subscenes. Now my only issue is that the models from the main scene are still there. Problem is the next scene is almost on the same place, causing models to explode. As far as I understand, there is no option to disable the old models from the previous scene right.
I thought about using pose, animation and model presets for each scene but with 3 models it's a bit complicated to set up.

Thinking about just using the load next scene (file) option at this point until I figure it out.

Upvote 0
when you clear a subscene or change it to a different one, it should remove all the atoms that were part of that subscene. it's sort of like a group feature with the subscene atom being as the group parent.

but check the video, this is probably all you need, pose presets, just make sure to have the root checkbox on like in the video before saving the poses. didn't understand it correctly yesterday, you probably don't need subscenes at all if it's all on the same environment

Upvote 0

Thanks a lot. Yup, everything is in the same scene, just different poses on different and some on same places.
Not at my PC right now, but the method shown in the video, does it load timeline plugins and morphs too? If yes then that's all I need.

Upvote 0
i'm not sure about timeline, I didn't use a lot, don't know how it works. but for plugins in general and morphs it should be ok.
technically this just changes the positions of the atoms, doesn't reload them or anything like that (not to my knowledge at least)

Upvote 0
i'm not sure about timeline, I didn't use a lot, don't know how it works. but for plugins in general and morphs it should be ok.
technically this just changes the positions of the atoms, doesn't reload them or anything like that (not to my knowledge at least)

Thank you so much. Subscene thing worked. Seems like I forgot to parent everything to the subscene in the main scene. That's why they were still there after loading the next scene.

Upvote 0
no problem. might be worthwhile though to check the pose preset approach too if it's the same environment. subscenes are heavier and might cause you more problems long-term. with the presets you have less pieces to worry about, less chances for stuff to break

Upvote 0
no problem. might be worthwhile though to check the pose preset approach too if it's the same environment. subscenes are heavier and might cause you more problems long-term. with the presets you have less pieces to worry about, less chances for stuff to break

Will give that a try too. Was just curious about my previous attempt at the subscene thing

Upvote 0

Figured everything out now. Looks like pose preset method is best, when you build a new scene. Otherwise it's immense work after every particular scene is done because I have to add every animation layer to the next pose. (Pose presets don't load the saved accidbubble timeline)

Will share this time with the old per scene method.
Next one will be everything in one scene but with pose presets. Again thank you so much for helping out a newbie. Figured out lots of stuff thanks to you

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom