Question Keeping a look in a scene with multiple sub scenes?

Skeptik

Reactions
Hope I titled that right. Basically what I want to know is if I am using a scene, Spacedog's Jack and Freya for example, is there a way to "permanently" change/replace a look while in the scene? I can change Freya's look but if I hit the arrow/next/change positions button it will reload Freya into the new position and keep the previous look as a separate atom stuck in the pose of the previous position. This happens in quite a few scenes from different creators. Currently if I want to change a look I have to remove the person before changing poses and change the look after the pose loads and repeat for the next pose. Hope that made sense. Thank you.

Basically what I want to know is if I am using a scene, Spacedog's Jack and Freya for example, is there a way to "permanently" change/replace a look while in the scene?
If the creator has made changes of position through multiple subscenes that include the characters, the answer is no.

Each subscene load will reload all its components, unless they are exactly identical. So it'll reload the character (and everything related to them) back to their state when the subscene was saved (look, pose, clothing, skin, plugin... everything).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Depending on the methods used in the scene, the answer is actually 'maybe'.

Once the scene is loaded and you have your look swapped in, In the person menu you can navigate to the control & physics 1 tab. Click on the "Preset Locks Overview" button and check the ones you want to keep, probably hair, appearance, skin, maybe clothing. Then when the scene merges/changes it should keep those things intact. There are some scene change methods I've seen break this, but it's worth trying.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom