• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Question Emissive shapes?

Fruitz

Reactions
Does anyone know, how I could make sphere f.e., that ignores lighting and acts similar to the emissive panels that already exist in virtamate? I seem to remember, that I have done it before, but I may be wrong.

Greetz, Fruitz

You can create a Unity custom asset, that "glows". It is a single option to enable in the very standard unity material tab. Though, it is easy to miss. This would act somewhat similar to an emissive panel. You could even add an image to it (in Unity).
As you may know, this only works to a certain extend and not like a real VaM light source. If you want to go a bit further, than you maybe could bake a Unity light source into it (but still not e real VaM light).

Upvote 0
You can create a Unity custom asset, that "glows". It is a single option to enable in the very standard unity material tab. Though, it is easy to miss. This would act somewhat similar to an emissive panel. You could even add an image to it (in Unity).
As you may know, this only works to a certain extend and not like a real VaM light source. If you want to go a bit further, than you maybe could bake a Unity light source into it (but still not e real VaM light).
I figured it was possible through unity, but I thought I had done this in VAM before. I will try to make a CUA then. It should only look like something emitting a light and not actually be lighting the scene.
thx

Upvote 0
Hmmm... you can go to the VaM global scene lighting tab within VaM and use the color slider to make a cua "glow", too. But that will affect every asset in the scene, not only one.
With Unity you can even make a single material in a multi-material scene/asset glow.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom