Question Is it possible to flip the normals of built in shapes?

Origin69

Reactions
You can change the textures and normal maps of the built in shapes like ISCube, ISCylinder etc, but the normals are all facing out, meaning that if you scale a cube up to be the size of a room, you can't see the normal or specular effects from the inside of the object. Is there any built in way, or a plugin that could flip the normals, or possibly scale them into negative?

It would be so handy to make rooms and curved walls with normal maps without needing CUA's, so you can still change the textures and effects.

I'm not sure if negative scale would do it in VAM, but I think it would. I accidentally flipped the normals on the person atom by making a negative x scaled morph. I was trying to see if you could get asymmetric clothing or hair to go the other way. Hint, it did not work as intended.

I tried making a flipped x axis morph, but I think I flew too close to the sun.

Since it was very simple I made it for you. Just add it to the cube or whatever you want the normals flipped. I would need to adjust it if you want it to work in meshes that can have morphs

Attachments

• VamWizard.FlipNormals.cs
    974 bytes · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Since it was very simple I made it for you. Just add it to the cube or whatever you want the normals flipped. I would need to adjust it if you want it to work in meshes that can have morphs
Thank you so much, i can now make simple rooms and spaces with textures and normal maps on the fly. I`ll do some tests soon. if i add it to a scene later, can i pack it in the var and credit you, or would you like me to let you know before so you can upload separately and i`ll add you as the dependency?

Upvote 0
Thank you so much, i can now make simple rooms and spaces with textures and normal maps on the fly. I`ll do some tests soon. if i add it to a scene later, can i pack it in the var and credit you, or would you like me to let you know before so you can upload separately and i`ll add you as the dependency?
You're welcome :)
Feel free to pack it.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom