• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Answered Deformation after import from DUF --> VAM

rernat

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Patreon
rernat
Hi, i started 3D-modelling recently. I created a pair of creoles and more in Blender.
I followed the import steps i found in the web blender -> DAZ -> VAM.
The earings look good at blender and in DAZ but after saving the scene in DAZ and importing the duf-file to VAM i get deformations.
As in the picture, the earring is'nt a perfect ring anymore.
EARRING FAIL1.png

i had similiar phenomena with other imported clothes.
Anyone an idea how to fix this?

Thanks in advance,
r

Hi, this is a general issue with VaM clothes. Every morph you use to deform the standard figure will deform the clothes, too, because they are connected to vertices on the figures "skin". Sadly, the options you have are more or less workarounds: 1. For things like the creoles, think about importing them as custom assets. There are some "how-to" guides in the community. This is not very comfortable, because you can't add them as easy as clothes, and you only can save them as complete scenes, not as presets. There is a plugin to make it a bit easier to place and load assets, but still it isn't that comfortable like clothes. 2. If you only want to use the clothes with one special custom figure, export the VaM morphs of that figure as one single full body morph to DAZ3D with the plugin. Now, load the created full body morph to the figure in DAZ before you fit the clothes and then save the clothes with those morphs dialed in as usual. In VaM don't use the standard figure for the clothes import, but your own figure... done. The clothes will now fit more or less to your customized figure, but will therefore have problems with the standard figure.

Upvote 0
Hi, ok thank you. So at least I don't have to waster more time in trying the wrong things. Maybe I can ajust the mesh and the position to a acceptable result. It seems as the neck afflects the creole. Maybe it works with a smaller one.
3ds-Assets is no option for me for the reasons you described. And as I want to publish the stuff the clothes should at least fit ti the standard model.
Thanks!

Upvote 0
I discovered something to reduce the effect on the original mesh while importing duf files. After Import you get a file: *.vaj .
There is a variable called: "smoothIterations" its set to "1" by default and oviously this smoothes the mesh. After setting this to "0". Imported acessory poarts look way better:

"smoothIterations" : "1"
Here my jewel has a dent and moved abit awy from this piercing base.

smooth 1.jpg

"smoothIterations" : "0"
Here there is no dent and the jewel is closer to the intented base. Nethertheless the shader was intented with sharp edges. But definetly better then with smoothiteration 1

smooth 0.jpg

Upvote 0
I discovered something to reduce the effect on the original mesh while importing duf files. After Import you get a file: *.vaj .
There is a variable called: "smoothIterations" its set to "1" by default and oviously this smoothes the mesh. After setting this to "0". Imported acessory poarts look way better:

"smoothIterations" : "1"
Here my jewel has a dent and moved abit awy from this piercing base.

View attachment 29484

"smoothIterations" : "0"
Here there is no dent and the jewel is closer to the intented base. Nethertheless the shader was intented with sharp edges. But definetly better then with smoothiteration 1

View attachment 29485

Didn't know that, good finding! An other way for clothes that span over several body parts (eg several vertices, so not for a piercing), is to use a low poly mesh. The vertices on the cloth item are connected to vertices on the figure, so: less vertices are connected, less distortion for small details morphs. For instance: Shoes! If you alter the toes and feet with morphs, the shoes got always distorted badly. If you have low poly shoes, this is not as bad as with high poly. But that are all tricks I know AFAIK. I have written to meshedVR for years, but this issue is much to difficult to solve. So, no clothes-glasses, -chains, -helmets, -bra for small/big breasted girls, aso, and even almost always the nipples issue.

Upvote 0
Didn't know that, good finding! An other way for clothes that span over several body parts (eg several vertices, so not for a piercing), is to use a low poly mesh. The vertices on the cloth item are connected to vertices on the figure, so: less vertices are connected, less distortion for small details morphs. For instance: Shoes! If you alter the toes and feet with morphs, the shoes got always distorted badly. If you have low poly shoes, this is not as bad as with high poly. But that are all tricks I know AFAIK. I have written to meshedVR for years, but this issue is much to difficult to solve. So, no clothes-glasses, -chains, -helmets, -bra for small/big breasted girls, aso, and even almost always the nipples issue.

I just tryed that with my creoles but it did not help much there. But I found another solution. In my first attemps I imported the creole already rotated as they finally should be placed at the ear. If you inspect the object in DAZ there is a cuboid mark around the object and this is orientated parallel to the xyz axis. So the volume of the cuboid is realitvely big. And the creole lies inclined in it. The shape of this cuboid seems to play a role while importing to VAM.

If I import from Blender to DAZ with this creole unrotated before, the cuboid mark around it in DAZ is only as thick as my creole is. After that I rotate the creole in DAZ as I like it at the ear of the G2Female. This way the cuboid mark stays small and rotates with the object. Importing this to VAM afterwards has almost no distortion.
I hope you could follow my explanation otherwise I could add some pics. :) I think you may see my creoles today on the recourses.

Upvote 0
So, adding everything together, we can easiely say: It is complicated ;-)

I hope, after VaM 2.0 will be out, meshedVR will find some time to have a deep look at this.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom