CUAManager

Plugins CUAManager

CUA Manager doesn't seem to recognize my unique Morph, I even created a new one with morph merger, hard reset, nothing, reloaded CUAM nothing.. Closed Virtamate entirely, then reloaded everything, my morph is there just fine, but no matter what I set it to, nothing appears for CUAM, it shows it active morphs for me on the character, but CUAM just can't see it T_T .. not sure why or what to do.
CUA Manager does not support "Use Male Morphs On Female" and "Use Female Morphs On Male" if you try to use your morph in such a situation. Male morphs only work on males. Female morphs only works on females. In order to see a morph the morph must be applied to the right gender AND have an applied value to the person in order to show up in the "Trigger Morph" list.

If you just need a morph to trigger on, grab an empty morph from https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/empty-morph-set.546/ and use that.

Last edited:
Silly question but is there any way that CUAManager can auto load timeline animations to a person? through an attached atom or any other way, so I could load a model and bring in animations with them? I know its a stretch but just had to ask.

Silly question but is there any way that CUAManager can auto load timeline animations to a person? through an attached atom or any other way, so I could load a model and bring in animations with them? I know its a stretch but just had to ask.
Can't you save animations together with looks using the legacy "Save look" options? I think I used that at some point.

Thanks for the plugin! I had one question after playing around with it -- is it possible to link or automatically scale CUA's with the parent atom? I can get things working by scaling both the atom and each CUA separately, but just wanted to make sure I'm not over-complicating it for myself.

How do you make a JSON file into a community asset to create a var file out of? I recently built a room in vam. I'd like to make it a CUA. It's loaded with like 20 or so CUA with rocks and a couple other packages. Im trying to upload this in a way that there isnt a whole mess of extras in the scene. and still give credit to the rock and fixtures creator. How do I make this in a way that the rocks and trees are stuck in their position and you don't have to scroll through everything in the atom menu? Or. how do you "hide" them so they dont show up unless you click off unhide?

other random thing. Is there a way to adjust the scale of a CUA along its x,y, or z axis too? Scaling all the rocks either all large or all small made for some challenging configurations lol

How do you make a JSON file into a community asset to create a var file out of? I recently built a room in vam. I'd like to make it a CUA. It's loaded with like 20 or so CUA with rocks and a couple other packages. Im trying to upload this in a way that there isnt a whole mess of extras in the scene. and still give credit to the rock and fixtures creator. How do I make this in a way that the rocks and trees are stuck in their position and you don't have to scroll through everything in the atom menu? Or. how do you "hide" them so they dont show up unless you click off unhide?

other random thing. Is there a way to adjust the scale of a CUA along its x,y, or z axis too? Scaling all the rocks either all large or all small made for some challenging configurations lol
This plugin is intended to save presets containing CUA-atoms parented to persons and to load such presets.

If you create entire rooms you should perhaps save that as subscenes instead. Parent everything to an empty atom would make moving around everything at once as easy as moving around the empty atom (which you can name "root" or something). You hide atoms by selecting the "Hidden" checkbox in the root's control of an atom.
If you need invidual scaling options for X, Y and Z you could use https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/colorscale.416/ and attach it to a CUA atom and access the individual scale sliders in the plugin's interface.

Your questions doesn't seem to be about this plugin specifically but covers different features within VAM itself.

This plugin is intended to save presets containing CUA-atoms parented to persons and to load such presets.

If you create entire rooms you should perhaps save that as subscenes instead. Parent everything to an empty atom would make moving around everything at once as easy as moving around the empty atom (which you can name "root" or something). You hide atoms by selecting the "Hidden" checkbox in the root's control of an atom.
If you need invidual scaling options for X, Y and Z you could use https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/colorscale.416/ and attach it to a CUA atom and access the individual scale sliders in the plugin's interface.

Your questions doesn't seem to be about this plugin specifically but covers different features within VAM itself.

Thats actually what I ended up doing. I turned my recent post into a subscene.

Love this tool, but I have a feature request: since I mainly use this to add hair pieces to ponytails and such, would it be possible to add a hair-style as a trigger for autoload? (Instead of a morph)? Since there are specific hairstyles for which I would like to add the CUA hair assets. Or is there some other smart way to add CUA hair assets to hair styles?

Love this tool, but I have a feature request: since I mainly use this to add hair pieces to ponytails and such, would it be possible to add a hair-style as a trigger for autoload? (Instead of a morph)? Since there are specific hairstyles for which I would like to add the CUA hair assets. Or is there some other smart way to add CUA hair assets to hair styles?
It's a good feature suggestion. I don't actively work on this plugin anymore so don't hold your breath for any updates.

This tool worked well for me especially when attaching things like Carter's shield or a certain mutant's claws. But I wonder if there isn't a limit on how many you're able to do. I suddenly am having a problem where it won't recognize my assets. It says there's no asset to attach. I wonder if it's because I'm trying to attach masks? Do I need to parent them to the head first? If so are there instructions on how to do that?

This tool worked well for me especially when attaching things like Carter's shield or a certain mutant's claws. But I wonder if there isn't a limit on how many you're able to do. I suddenly am having a problem where it won't recognize my assets. It says there's no asset to attach. I wonder if it's because I'm trying to attach masks? Do I need to parent them to the head first? If so are there instructions on how to do that?
CustomUnityAssets require the ParentLink property to be connected to one of the person's nodes, for example "head" or "hip" or "rHand" etc... or the tool won't recognize it.

Hi.

I've been trying to figure out how to "attach" UnityAsset bundle Hairstyles to a character in a scene by using this plugin. I just can't figure out how to do it.

Quick example: I have a Zelda character in a scene I downloaded, the original scene by the author. Zelda has her hair in that scene (non-animated scene).

I load another scene with two characters, animated scene (one male, one female). I replace the look of the female with Zelda. Everything loads, but the hair doesn't load, she is bald. I know that her hair does not appear in the list of Hair styles, because it's an "asset bundle" thing, separated from the usual hair styles we can download.

So I check around here and I found out about this plugin from the Q&A forums. I have been trying to use it but I can't find out how to do any of this. I'm a very visual person, I need some sort of video guide, or something very clearly explained with a step by step procedure. I've looked for guides for this very particular problem but I can't find anything about hair styles and how to load them, and how to attach them to the character, etc.

Please if anyone reads this I'd appreciate some help or guidance (maybe a link to some guide that already exist that I don't know about), thank you.

Hi.

I've been trying to figure out how to "attach" UnityAsset bundle Hairstyles to a character in a scene by using this plugin. I just can't figure out how to do it.

Quick example: I have a Zelda character in a scene I downloaded, the original scene by the author. Zelda has her hair in that scene (non-animated scene).

I load another scene with two characters, animated scene (one male, one female). I replace the look of the female with Zelda. Everything loads, but the hair doesn't load, she is bald. I know that her hair does not appear in the list of Hair styles, because it's an "asset bundle" thing, separated from the usual hair styles we can download.

So I check around here and I found out about this plugin from the Q&A forums. I have been trying to use it but I can't find out how to do any of this. I'm a very visual person, I need some sort of video guide, or something very clearly explained with a step by step procedure. I've looked for guides for this very particular problem but I can't find anything about hair styles and how to load them, and how to attach them to the character, etc.

Please if anyone reads this I'd appreciate some help or guidance (maybe a link to some guide that already exist that I don't know about), thank you.
You can check out the description in https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/ryanreos-daemon-girl.5526/ in the section " DETAILED USAGE INSTRUCTIONS " about the CUAManager and how to create a preset and hook up a trigger for it. It's more visual with pictures.

Hi. I am making plugin which is including bit of your code.(Folder Creation tips from CUAManager and parenting logic from ParentHoldLink).
I will release it with MIT License. Can I release it with your name (and mine) in MIT License Header?
Thx for your knowage :)

Hi. I am making plugin which is including bit of your code.(Folder Creation tips from CUAManager and parenting logic from ParentHoldLink).
I will release it with MIT License. Can I release it with your name (and mine) in MIT License Header?
Thx for your knowage :)
Sure, np.

Hi.

So recently I finally figured out how to load CUAManager Hairstyles (AssetBundle Hairs) and apply it to a character in a new scene.

Ok, so, that works.

BUT...

In terms of physics, the AssetBundle Hairstyles we load in CUAManager are always 'swaying' back and forth, left or right, up or down, depending on the Head movement of the character. What I mean is that there is a delay between the movement of the character's Head, and the Hairstyle "following" the Head movement. The hairstyle doesn't "snap" in place and stay on the actual Head correctly, like a regular Hairstyle does when coming from the Hair tab (or even the Clothing tab).

I would like to know how I can fix that? Please.

Thank you.

Hi.

So recently I finally figured out how to load CUAManager Hairstyles (AssetBundle Hairs) and apply it to a character in a new scene.

Ok, so, that works.

BUT...

In terms of physics, the AssetBundle Hairstyles we load in CUAManager are always 'swaying' back and forth, left or right, up or down, depending on the Head movement of the character. What I mean is that there is a delay between the movement of the character's Head, and the Hairstyle "following" the Head movement. The hairstyle doesn't "snap" in place and stay on the actual Head correctly, like a regular Hairstyle does when coming from the Hair tab (or even the Clothing tab).

I would like to know how I can fix that? Please.

Thank you.
You could check out this recent plugin which looks nice:

You could check out this recent plugin which looks nice:

Wow! Exactly what I was looking for, thank you very much!

Hi, is there a way to delete presets in the CUAManager? I can't figure it out myself.

Hi, is there a way to delete presets in the CUAManager? I can't figure it out myself.
I don't remember if I added a dedicated delete button.
You can manually delete them from the preset folder found in Custom\Scripts\Blazedust\CUAManager\presets

Is it possible to use this on vam stock custom atoms like cylinders or other shapes?

Added some .gif images how to save a preset, load a preset and create an auto load trigger. Some users prefer a visual guide so this should be the basic-getting-started-guide.

Back
Top Bottom