Countdown Timer

tha_binkii

Reactions
Hi everybody,

making a scene where I need to use a countdowntimer. It's supposed to be solely visual, it does'nt have to trigger anything at the end. So for example an asset of a clock where you can set a timer or a plugin.
Checked the whole site for plugin or asset but could'nt find anything that can help me out.

Somebody knows if this is already a function build in VAM?

Or somebody feel like programming me something like this? 😊

I am trying to make scene's for sissy's where they have to follow instructions, like milovana. (maybe this will encourage somebody to help me out 😝). So I'm gonna need to use allot of timers and also metronomes.
So .... speaking of metronomes, I could also use one of those.

Kinky greetings

LogicBricks has a Blend brick which triggers after X seconds. You could hook it up to a UISlider atom (as a status bar) or something changing its material color over time to indicate the time.

For metronomes....use a Timer brick from LogicBricks. It simply triggers every X seconds. So you could play a sound or whatever.

You also might want to have a look at my VirtualLock plugin, which is part of "Connect". It can trigger things if the player moves from a pose or not look at a point (e.g. at the girl). The general concept of punishing the player for not behaving seems to be the same? Kind of "virtual self-bondage", if the punishment is an e-stim shock in real life ;) VirtualLock comes with actual clocks (as text) counting down and distances/angles projected as a head-up-display, but I think you would have to modify the code a bit to get want you want. Anyway, just saying what would be possible.

Also potentially interesting....maybe the player needs to say "Yes, Mistress!" or similar before the timer runs out?

making a scene where I need to use a countdowntimer. It's supposed to be solely visual, it does'nt have to trigger anything at the end. So for example an asset of a clock where you can set a timer or a plugin.
Checked the whole site for plugin or asset but could'nt find anything that can help me out.
Total coincidence (I haven't seen your post beforehand), I just made one ;)

I was thinking of using MacGruber's Logic Brick (that would have been an excuse to finally dive into it) but ended up finding an appropriate solution with the built-in Animation Patterns.

You can easily use the Animation Pattern step to decrement the time, by setting the transition time in each step. And you can set triggers in the end (or at any step).
It can be a bit tedious because you need to make 1 step for each time you decrement. I was ok for me since decrementing by the minute was fine. It could be also ok for short timers.

If you need a lot of them, I advise duplicating them using subscenes.
That's also what I did in the peep-show environment (if you add a booth, you'll have an independent timer).

Metronomes are also absolutely doable with Animation Patterns (+ basic VAM shapes/props if you want more than just the metronome sound).

Also potentially interesting....maybe the player needs to say "Yes, Mistress!" or similar before the timer runs out?
Ooh, looks nice! I was thinking of doing scenes with voices, this could be a fun addition 😜

For timer,
like @MacGruber said, basic AP or LogicBrick to trigger something-something (transition change scale or something).

About metronome,
As @ZRSX said, it can be done with VAM shapes and sounds.

Here is basic example (not much details)
simple 1-2 AP sphere loop with speed slider

Unrelated but DillDoe made working hand watch a while back.

Back
Top Bottom