twitter.com
Twitter
JaxZoa
Patreon
JaxZoa
JaxZoa submitted a new resource:

Complete Locomotion System - procedural character animation/Locomotion

Complete Locomotion System

CLS is a procedural, rule based, animation/movement system.

You can check a demo video on xvideos (NSFW) using a sexier character.

Warning: The way the character move will depend a lot on your physics settings, if the animation is sloppy and you have a good config, i...

Read more about this resource...

@kittykoomah You mean for high heels only ? No , as you can see in the walk cycles video, some are with high heels, some are not. You just have to set the feet pitch, and ground offset for high heels to work.
I'm not aware of any other plugins like CLS, if you could provide some links, i'm really interested =).

Last edited:
@kittykoomah You mean for high heels only ? No , as you can see in the walk cycles video, some are with high heels, some are not. You just have to set the feet pitch, and ground offset for high heels to work.
I'm not aware of any other plugins like CLS, if you could provide some links, i'm really interested =).

ah, in the xvids one i didn't see flat feet, just crawling.. i hate heels so i was hoping i could walk around my stupid virtual house in boots or something cool, i'm glad people are making these things but the last one i got was just heals or tip toeing around, looks weird :p

JaxZoa updated Complete Locomotion System with a new update entry:

v1.1

- Changed hand rotation calculation to alpha version, do not follow the arm anymore, i think it's better most of the time.
- Added a new button to zero all step parameters in the dance category
- improved the body rotation, the hips now follow the feet rotation for smoother rotation
- Fixed the ground detection system, will not detect the persons own body as ground anymore.
- Updated all presets

Read the rest of this update entry...

Idea is fantastic, but animation of walking seem unnatural . there were some very good walk animation here some time ago. But overall it look very promissing :) add jump animation would be cool . definetely watch this thread :D

@rabbit1qaz Next update will add animation curve for each bodyparts, and add some randomness to the step timing and position for more realism, but you can already create really good looking (imo) walk style in CLS. The goal is for the users to create their own walk style, i'm just giving a few presets as examples = )

I'm impressed with what you made here. Are you maybe going to release this as free after some fixed period of time? I feel that this might be a gamechanger for the VAM community. If you don't want to, I understand, no problem. Just curious.

The idea is that each time i release a new major version, probably each month, i will release the previous version for free. I really want to see what the community will create with this ^^

v1.21

- Added a new GroundAtom popup. You now need to set this for ground detection. The ground detection will use the GroundAtom and all the atoms parented to it. This way you have full control over what your character will step on. You need a little more setup for your scenes, but overall it's way better I think.
- Reworked UI Slightly
- Simplified the Trigger presets (improved OnDestinationReached Trigger coming next update)
- Changed all the default values.

The demo scene has the trigger presets in it? Want to see how to use the OnDestinationReached trigger for example.

EDIT: Manage to figure it out. In the plugin UI you can click the select trigger button to edit actions to happen for each trigger.

Last edited:
@khaal exactly. I'll create video tutorials at some point to explain how everything work ^^

The OnDestinationReached trigger will be greatly improved in v2.0. You'll be able to create multiple triggers to create complex paths.

v1.3 - Start of the second update cycle

- Completly reworked the UI
- Fixed OnPresetLoaded Trigger, should now correctly trigger when loading is done.
- Added OnPresetLoadStart Trigger
- Added a new Toggle "StopControlWhenIdle", when on, CLS will stop controlling the character when it is idle.
- Changed the Rotation mode "Face Movement Direction" to "Face Target"
- Fixed Neck rotation

Do you have any presets available for good walking animations? I've tried to make mine look as normal as possible but it still looks off, really off. The sliders are super useful and I'm so glad you included them but I can't figure out the sweet spots for realistic-ish looking walk cycles, and the walk cycles used in your example videos look the best so far.

Adding a small collection of basic walk cycle setups would be brilliant!

Do you have any presets available for good walking animations? I've tried to make mine look as normal as possible but it still looks off, really off. The sliders are super useful and I'm so glad you included them but I can't figure out the sweet spots for realistic-ish looking walk cycles, and the walk cycles used in your example videos look the best so far.

Adding a small collection of basic walk cycle setups would be brilliant!

There are two simple presets with CLS, inside the CLS .var (i know they are a little too hard to find right now).
One is the default walk style, and the second is for high heels. (The high heels one is close to the one used in the video)

I've created a ton of different styles during the development of CLS, and i know it's difficult to create really good ones (but possible =] ). The next major update will add per body part animation curves, and randomness in the step system to add realism, but it will still be really hard and time consuming to create a good looking walk style.

I recommend linking the target atom to an animation pattern, so the person moves around automatically. (I'll upload a scene with an optimized setup to create new walk styles!)

The good thing is that people can create and share presets, but i'd advise to wait until the 2.0 drop to create and share presets, it'll have a lot of new options :)

There are two simple presets with CLS, inside the CLS .var (i know they are a little too hard to find right now).
One is the default walk style, and the second is for high heels. (The high heels one is close to the one used in the video)

I've created a ton of different styles during the development of CLS, and i know it's difficult to create really good ones (but possible =] ). The next major update will add per body part animation curves, and randomness in the step system to add realism, but it will still be really hard and time consuming to create a good looking walk style.

I recommend linking the target atom to an animation pattern, so the person moves around automatically. (I'll upload a scene with an optimized setup to create new walk styles!)

The good thing is that people can create and share presets, but i'd advise to wait until the 2.0 drop to create and share presets, it'll have a lot of new options :)

I couldn't find any but that maybe because they're well hidden, I'll have a looksee and hopefully I can find them next time - also I've been using timeline to animate the movement of a target atom to have my character walking in circles whilst tuning the sliders, great minds think alike! :)

Incredible work! This is going to save a ton of time when animating!

Does this plugin have any scale detection? When I changed the scale of my models it only seemed to make them perma-crouched. Tried using the button to update body proportions but that didn't seem to have an effect. Thank you in advanced.

(Alternatively, could use a slider that goes past 1.3 for BodyHeight, but scale is probably a different beast all-together)

Incredible work! This is going to save a ton of time when animating!

Does this plugin have any scale detection? When I changed the scale of my models it only seemed to make them perma-crouched. Tried using the button to update body proportions but that didn't seem to have an effect. Thank you in advanced.

(Alternatively, could use a slider that goes past 1.3 for BodyHeight, but scale is probably a different beast all-together)

Unfortunately there's no way to adapt proportions easily, you have to play with the hip/chest/neck and fullbody options to match your character (I recommend showing the controllers when doing it to see if the controllers match the character pose).
The "Update Body Proportions" button is used to compute the elbows and knees base positions from arms/legs length.
I tried using CLS with height from ~1.60m to ~1.90m and it worked, but for reaaally big or small characters, i'm not sure CLS works.

Maybe at some point, when i'm sure the base controls of CLS are done, i'll add easy setup Wizards, with auto proportion detection. But it's not a priority ^^

v1.4

- Removed the circlers (Will add a better system later)
- Added a new optional rotation target atom for new potential movement behaviours.
- Added animation curve for each body part.
- Added sliders to add randomness to step spacing and timing.
- Added new walk/dance presets.

And with this the control part is CLS is done =)
Next step is to add the ability to control CLS only by grabbing the body parts. For example grab the person hand to move/rotate the character around, grab the shoulder...

What tips can you give for sharing with timeline animations?
For example, take a shower if you do it in a timeline, and move from the bed to the shower stall and back using your plugin.

Back
Top Bottom