Complete Locomotion System

Plugins Complete Locomotion System

What tips can you give for sharing with timeline animations?
For example, take a shower if you do it in a timeline, and move from the bed to the shower stall and back using your plugin.

If you create the scene from scratch, i would add all the body control parameters as float parameters in Timeline, and directly animate CLS using timeline. I would then create "(Loop)StandingMovement" "Showering" "SitOnBed" "StandUp" animations only using the CLS parameters, and play them using the triggers.
If you want to use pre-existing Timeline animations. Let's say for example you already have the "Showering" and "SitOnBed" animations, i would use the onDestinationReached trigger to disable the control of CLS when showering/near the bed, and then play the timeline animation as normal.

I will add some examples on how to do that in the next update of the CLS Setup scene ^^

If you create the scene from scratch, i would add all the body control parameters as float parameters in Timeline, and directly animate CLS using timeline. I would then create "(Loop)StandingMovement" "Showering" "SitOnBed" "StandUp" animations only using the CLS parameters, and play them using the triggers.
If you want to use pre-existing Timeline animations. Let's say for example you already have the "Showering" and "SitOnBed" animations, i would use the onDestinationReached trigger to disable the control of CLS when showering/near the bed, and then play the timeline animation as normal.
onDestinationReached I found, but didn't figure out how to use it)
I want to use your plugin with already created animations in the timeline.
It would be cool if your plugin could, upon reaching the goal, take a key pose to start animations. For example, when he approaches the chair, he assumes the previously indicated pose. And then, on a trigger, disable CLS control and enable the timeline animation.

I will add some examples on how to do that in the next update of the CLS Setup scene ^^

Can't wait to see)

Now I've start to try to use this properly i've found the biggest problem and it's because rather than using the persons root control to say where they are (like Synthia) it is using a hidden position/rotation.
So for example, you set the person walk to target atom A, fine. You stop CLS to do some pose or funky business. Now you load a pose with root position at point B and want then to walk to target C. As soon as you turn on CLS again because it thinks they are still at position A they will slide back to A and start walking from there to C rather than from where you wanted at point B. It makes no difference if you turn on 'Update Root Control' in CLS.
You must have your own reasons for using a hidden position and not the Root control to say where they are, but can I ask if you could expose a function to triggers to reset the persons hidden position/rotation to there root control position/rotation. At least then we can trigger a reset before starting a new walk. Even better is that it does this automatically when they have reached destination.

Now I've start to try to use this properly i've found the biggest problem and it's because rather than using the persons root control to say where they are (like Synthia) it is using a hidden position/rotation.
So for example, you set the person walk to target atom A, fine. You stop CLS to do some pose or funky business. Now you load a pose with root position at point B and want then to walk to target C. As soon as you turn on CLS again because it thinks they are still at position A they will slide back to A and start walking from there to C rather than from where you wanted at point B. It makes no difference if you turn on 'Update Root Control' in CLS.
You must have your own reasons for using a hidden position and not the Root control to say where they are, but can I ask if you could expose a function to triggers to reset the persons hidden position/rotation to there root control position/rotation. At least then we can trigger a reset before starting a new walk. Even better is that it does this automatically when they have reached destination.

I've not used CLS like that, so i didn't face this problem ^^ I will add an action to set the target pos/rot to the current root position in the next update.

Thanks for making this plugin. I was wondering, how the parameters in the "BodyController_Standing.cs" class can be accessed from other scripts.
I tried something like this:

containingAtom.GetStorableByID("plugin#0_JaxPlugins..CLS.BodyController_Standing").GetFloatJSONParam("js_RFootForward").val = 1.0f;

but this does not change the corresponding value. It seems that "plugin#0_JaxPlugins..CLS" is the only Storable that can be directly accessed in the person atom, but this does not contain the FloatJSONParam("js_RFootForward").

Thanks for making this plugin. I was wondering, how the parameters in the "BodyController_Standing.cs" class can be accessed from other scripts.
I tried something like this:

containingAtom.GetStorableByID("plugin#0_JaxPlugins..CLS.BodyController_Standing").GetFloatJSONParam("js_RFootForward").val = 1.0f;

but this does not change the corresponding value. It seems that "plugin#0_JaxPlugins..CLS" is the only Storable that can be directly accessed in the person atom, but this does not contain the FloatJSONParam("js_RFootForward").

Even thought the parameters are declared in the body controller, they are registered in CLS.cs, you should be able to access js_RFootFoward from plugin#0_JaxPlugins..CLS

Last edited:
JaxZoa updated Complete Locomotion System with a new update entry:

1.5 - Dance Update

- Fixed random timings/feet spacing not affecting dance mode.
- Fixed Random feet spacing affecting the idle state.
- Fixed the Body Roll being applied twice.
- Fixed the randomness param not being saved to presets.
- Fixed the Rotation Speed slider.
- Fixed Step Delay not being saved in presets.
- Changed the neck and chest placement rules. (Will break all presets!)

- New Dance Mode features:
- Dance Amplitude now affects random step spacing
- New Auto Rotate parameters
- New...

Read the rest of this update entry...

This looks insanely useful. One of the things I would like to see the most in VaM is to be able to just interact with models in a natural way.

Grabbing a woman's hand and have her follow me as I walk around with full body tracking is exactly the thing that I would want for creating more naturally interactive scenes.

VaM is extremely tedious and annoying to work with for this sort of thing, so while I haven't yet used this plugin, it looks like it would be extremely helpful for creating scenes.

Question: since you said you would like to work on the aforementioned ability to grab their hand and have them follow you. With your current trigger system, and from watching the videos, would you not be able to put a trigger on the follow-atom so that when you grab it the model will follow it as you walk around? Or is that possible already?

This looks insanely useful. One of the things I would like to see the most in VaM is to be able to just interact with models in a natural way.

Grabbing a woman's hand and have her follow me as I walk around with full body tracking is exactly the thing that I would want for creating more naturally interactive scenes.

VaM is extremely tedious and annoying to work with for this sort of thing, so while I haven't yet used this plugin, it looks like it would be extremely helpful for creating scenes.

Question: since you said you would like to work on the aforementioned ability to grab their hand and have them follow you. With your current trigger system, and from watching the videos, would you not be able to put a trigger on the follow-atom so that when you grab it the model will follow it as you walk around? Or is that possible already?

You don't need a trigger, just grab the target atom and the character will follow you around :). The idea with the hand grabbing was to implement that in a more natural way, but you can already have the character follow you around.

Last edited:
JaxZoa updated Complete Locomotion System | Procedural Movement/Dance Creation Tool with a new update entry:

v5.1

- Added new parameters to control the Actions
- Fixed preset loading when adding new parameters
- Added new Action and Button( in timing) to reset the step time. Use this to sync multiple characters.
- Improved garbage collection, should improve performances (had spikes because of GC)
- Fixed the ground adaptation being limited to +-0.5m in height difference.

JaxZoa updated Complete Locomotion System with a new update entry:

v2.0

- Added a new Rotation type: Face Target Rot Idle. Needs both a position and rotation target. Will face position target when moving, and rotation target when idle.
- Added a full body gaze system. Will rotate hips, chest and head to look at the current Gaze Atom Target.
- Added the [player] atom as target for the movement/rotation, it's now easier to have the character follow you around, look at you.
- Added the ability to grab the shoulders to change the pose height
- Added the ability to...

in the video show "simple body control using a target atom" where the girl crouch and bend as the target atom, how i can activate that? i try all the options,

in the video show "simple body control using a target atom" where the girl crouch and bend as the target atom, how i can activate that? i try all the options,

It's not possible in 2.0 anymore. The video is old, i'll upload a demo scene and a new demo video soon. If you want to control the body in 2.0, you can use the Grab system.

Has anyone created a very realistic walking preset? Also, what's the best way for people to share their presets with each other?

Has anyone created a very realistic walking preset? Also, what's the best way for people to share their presets with each other?

I will share a preset pack soon to show the potential of the 2.0. And a demo scene showing cls + conditional actions.

You can share presets like any other resources, juste pack a .var with your presets, and share it on the hub ^^ You can then load the presets directly from the .var

If anyone wants a more natural walk (heels) compared to the default 'I'm gonna walk like a duck with my ass sticking out' walk, you could try this.
My walk for share
I spent some time just watching a girl walking back and forth and fine tuned it as best as I could although i'm sure much better ones will appear in the future.

Disclaimer: Of course it heavily depends on the Girl physique, Physics, and other setting etc. so your mileage may vary.

Last edited:
If anyone wants a more natural walk (heels) compared to the default 'I'm gonna walk like a duck with my ass sticking out' walk, you could try this.
My walk for share
I spent some time just watching a girl walking back and forth and fine tuned it as best as I could although i'm sure much better ones will appear in the future.
Thank you for sharing this! I'll give it a shot!

How do I get this to work in VR? I do not want Keybinding, I want to be able to click the UIbutton and walk to the controller but cannot for the life of me figure this out and the demo scene isn't helping.

How do I get this to work in VR? I do not want Keybinding, I want to be able to click the UIbutton and walk to the controller but cannot for the life of me figure this out and the demo scene isn't helping.

1. Place an empty atom where you want your character to go
2. Add a button
3. In the button trigger Add a click action
4. In the newly created click action, select the character you want to move as the receiver atom, select CLS as the Receiver, and in the receiver target select "Position Target Atom".
5. In the dropdown select the target you want to move to.

now when you click the button the character will move to the target atom.

Last edited:
Great mod that complements perfectly VAM.
But unfortunately it is not compatible with SilverKiss. Lip animation not working.

I note that this mod may turn off when idle. Thx a lot fot this.

Back
Top Bottom