Complete Locomotion System

Plugins Complete Locomotion System

JaxZoa updated Complete Locomotion System with a new update entry:

- Changed the license to CC-BY-NC!!

- Added a new script, CLS_CameraController.cs. It's a third person camera controller that you can use with keyboard or controller (tested with xbox360 and ps4(using DS4))
- Added a new system to control the character using keybinds/controllers in the Movement/Rotation category.
- Fixed multiple bugs with the preset system.
- Added two new rotation parameters. RotationOffsetMoving, and RotationStopAngle.
- Fixed the knee placement

Read the rest of this update entry...

Is there no way to toggle camera controller on/off via hotkey? M doesn't seem to do it nor there seems to be a way to set it up.

Edit: Found it in code, it's ESC.
Edit2: ESC seems to not work unless rotation target is set.

Last edited:
This is great plugin, but I don't understand, is it possible to start playing timeline animation when idle starts without moving position?

Is there no way to toggle camera controller on/off via hotkey? M doesn't seem to do it nor there seems to be a way to set it up.

Edit: Found it in code, it's ESC.
Edit2: ESC seems to not work unless rotation target is set.

You can toggle it on and off using the IsActive toggle, and use a plugin like simple keybind, or conditional actions to link that to a hotkey ^^

This is great plugin, but I don't understand, is it possible to start playing timeline animation when idle starts without moving position?

Sorry i'm not sure i understand what you are trying to achieve, if you want to start a timeline animation when the character stops moving, you can use the trigger system.

Sorry i'm not sure i understand what you are trying to achieve, if you want to start a timeline animation when the character stops moving, you can use the trigger system.
Thank you (y)! Yes it works, but the timeline animation movies to some other position, I want to make it play inplace, right where the character stopped. I think it has something to do with root character control, I'll try some more
EDIT: Needed to check "update root control", everything is working now, really great plugin!

Last edited:
Thank you (y)! Yes it works, but the timeline animation movies to some other position, I want to make it play inplace, right where the character stopped. I think it has something to do with root character control, I'll try some more
EDIT: Needed to check "update root control", everything is working now, really great plugin!

Nice! and thanks. Dont forget to activate "Detach person root control" if you use "Update root control" to avoid weird movement ^^

You can already create completely asymmetrical walk styles, you have separate parameters for each controller!
While I agree you can create left-right limb asymmetry, you can't for example create an asymmetry where head swings to one side, but not the other. Unless there's IS some way I don't know of. If I for example create a 0.1 roll, it'll roll 0.1 to left and 0.1 to right - an option to have it only roll to left or right would be great even if there's only a few use cases.

While I agree you can create left-right limb asymmetry, you can't for example create an asymmetry where head swings to one side, but not the other. Unless there's IS some way I don't know of. If I for example create a 0.1 roll, it'll roll 0.1 to left and 0.1 to right - an option to have it only roll to left or right would be great even if there's only a few use cases.

Indeed you can't create asymmetry for the movement of the head, chest and hips. I don't know if/when i'll update CLS, but i added that to my todo list ^^

Sorry im bad at this. How do i make the person walk between 2 points - back and forward like a catwalk? Also how to make the character walk on all four? the character is only walking towards me, dont know what to do tried all :(. Thanks!!!

hey!

first, thank you so much for this plugin, i really love it! was always excited about procedural animations and love use this plugin.
>BUT!<
can i ask u for a toe bone offset parameter implementation? :3 not even need to be animated just to set up correctly the feet for hiheels because i didnt found any option for that and right now im using the feet adjuster only for fixing the toe bone but its so wonky sometimes.

ps: maybe even hand finger offset options? but i dont know too much because i started using vam only like 3days ago but im already addicted >_<

so yea... really thank u so much again for this awesome plug and wish u a nice day! o/

ps-ps: sry for my english it is not my native language, "me bad london" :p

The plugin is definitely a masterpiece, but without a video tutorial, many people can't figure out exactly how it works. It would be really desirable if a video would also appear and not just write in something that hasn't appeared until today

The plugin is definitely a masterpiece, but without a video tutorial, many people can't figure out exactly how it works. It would be really desirable if a video would also appear and not just write in something that hasn't appeared until today

Thanks!
You are right, i'll add video tutorials soon.

Hey, JaxZoa. I've been tring to make characters walking in VaM for a while, and I tried every Walk-related plugins on hub, CLS is by far the most promising one. Thank you a lot for your excellent work.

There are two problems that has troubled me for a while.

One is, when I tried to add the CLS_CamaraController plugin to the person atom and activated it, my game screen went black, and all game UI was gone(UI was on the screen, I can click on it, but I can't see it, the screen was pure black). I set every related paramiters exactly like yours in your demo scene. Any idea what's the problem?

Another problem is that when I toggled the Input Control, nothing happens. WSAD still moves the camera, neither the person atom nor the “move targets” atom moves. Same situation with ZQSD and XBOX controller. I can't figure out why myself. But in your demo scene, Keyboard and XBOX controller are all working correctly.

JaxZoa updated Complete Locomotion System with a new update entry:

- Reverted CameraController.cs to 2.2 version
- Fixed the gaze system, should now stop correctly when the target is out of range/view
- Added two new actions to save/load presets from triggers easily.
- Added new Transition triggers, you can now link any value (ie. morphs) to the step system!!

Read the rest of this update entry...

Now some people understand how it works at all with the video, of course you still don't know a lot. But the beginning is really incredibly helpful thank you very much

So I can do whatever I want, even with instructions. Every time the person collapses as soon as you load the plugin and once you manage to get them to be upright, they remain hunched over like they have a hump. Why does the person always collapse as soon as you load the plugin? I would like to deal with it, but it raises very big problems. But not only that. As soon as the person hits an obstacle, everything collapses because the physics are completely broken that you have to reload everything

Awesome plugin. JaxZoa can you please help, I'm using an empty atom to make my character walk to locations but how would I use this in acidbubbles timeline? I try to create 2 different points say point A to B, but when I press play the character just kinda does a horrible slide from point A to point B I'm obviously doing something wrong but have no idea any tips would be awesome.

Back
Top Bottom