Clearing Cache Crashes the Game

Reactions
So I'm attempting to clear my cache due to a texture bug with an appearance I'm trying to save, but hitting the "clear cache" button seems to crash my game. It says there are only 100MB in the cache to clear, and my PC can run most scenes without much issue, so I'm not sure why I can't clear the cache. Is there another method or something I could do to allow the game to clear it? Or is it just freezing up because there's more to clear than it says and I need to be patient?

If that happens then you probably have bigger problems.
Where's your VaM folder and where's your Cache folder?

If that happens then you probably have bigger problems.
Where's your VaM folder and where's your Cache folder?
I have my VaM folder on an external drive, not sure about the cache. Would it have been created on the main drive and that's causing issues?

Using VaM on a external drive can bring on endless potential problems, not advised at all.
The cache being on a external drive would be ok I think, just not VaM itself.

Using VaM on a external drive can bring on endless potential problems, not advised at all.
The cache being on the external drive would be ok I think, but not really an option to have VaM
itself on the main drive. Do i have to change the directory in VaM somewhere?

Changing the Cache's directory is done in user preferences; changing the VaM folder is done in File Explorer, you just move the folder wherever you want it*

*but not in a protected permissions place lik Program Files or Users

Changing the Cache's directory is done in user preferences; changing the VaM folder is done in File Explorer, you just move the folder wherever you want it*

*but not in a protected permissions place lik Program Files or Users
Thought I'd ask while I'm reading this. In your opinion is there any reasonable/reliable way to run vam or other games on an external drive? I was thinking of having one just for my XXX games.

For games in general a external drive is possibly not a problem at all and may not even have any noticeable performance penalty.
VaM is not a typical gamel, a external USB drive, even with a SSD, will include more points to reduce performance, writing permissions, etc. For those on laptops, not the best option anyway for VaM as you're already making compromises everywhere, it's just one more thing to explore how it impacts. If you're on a desktop you probably can just add a new disk and that is prefered.

Back
Top Bottom