• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!

Solved Changing clothes setting on collision/trigger with Assets

danilo233352

Reactions
Tryed with multiple VAM settings/tools and cant find the way.
I want to change the clothes settings when an Asset collides with it. For example, imagine you have a scissors asset, and your model wear a dress. If the scissors touch the dress, the dress switches from sim disabled to sim enabled, and the clothes fall off. Its just a lazy example, i know there is better ways to undress a character, I just wanna know how can i work with collision interacions between clothes and assets.

Maybe this functionality is too advanced for what VAM is, I don't know if it requires a lot of work or even creating a script for it, hopefully there is a way to do it with the default tools.

Thanks in advance!

Solution
It's clearer now what you mean, and your english is fine 👍

Seems like a more sensible option is to position collision triggers close to the clothes, then each can set detach on themselves when collided. This however brings the problem if a collision with somethign else other than the scissors will also count as a collision, some care is needed.
More complicated setups could be done with the plugin VUML (jayjaywon) where you could either set booleans for more specific areas of the person to register a collision then have a detach action when that boolean becomes TRUE, or use distance calculations of the scissors to areas where clothes are. All this is more complicated but more accurate.
Add a collision trigger atom to the scissors but set a filter to ignore (invert) the scissors collision. There's a bar above the atom filter that turns green when a collision is sensed, you want it by default with no green and just turning green when reacting to the collision of something else. Then add a trigger to detach the clothes when the collision trigger is triggered.
The above setup is just a example, you need to find what works best for the scene. If the act of using the scissors is on a fixed animation, then you can use a trigger at the right time to detach the clothes instead of relying on a collision trigger.

Upvote 1
Add a collision trigger atom to the scissors but set a filter to ignore (invert) the scissors collision. There's a bar above the atom filter that turns green when a collision is sensed, you want it by default with no green and just turning green when reacting to the collision of something else. Then add a trigger to detach the clothes when the collision trigger is triggered.
The above setup is just a example, you need to find what works best for the scene. If the act of using the scissors is on a fixed animation, then you can use a trigger at the right time to detach the clothes instead of relying on a collision trigger.
Edit: when the asset collides with something, all clothes get trigerred, i only want to trigger the cloth that got collided with the asset, you know how to make it more specific? i only can put the person as receiver atom, not the cloth

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Clothes are not atoms, they're part of a person atom.
A trigger to check the "undress" checkbox of the clothing Dress would be something like this:
Person > DressSim > allowDetach (on)

Upvote 0
Clothes are not atoms, they're part of a person atom.
A trigger to check the "undress" checkbox of the clothing Dress would be something like this:
Person > DressSim > allowDetach (on)
yeah i understand that part, maybe i didnt explain clearly. The collision trigger logic is on a scissor asset, when this asset collide with the "atom filter" option (in my case, the person) every cloth i put on allowDetach is triggered, I want to trigger only the cloth that collided with the scissor, not all the cloths i put on detach. The only solution i found is making 1 scissor for each cloth i want to detach, cant find the way to make with 1 scissor detach only the clothes that collided with the scissor. My english sucks, hope i explained well enough.

Upvote 0
It's clearer now what you mean, and your english is fine 👍

Seems like a more sensible option is to position collision triggers close to the clothes, then each can set detach on themselves when collided. This however brings the problem if a collision with somethign else other than the scissors will also count as a collision, some care is needed.
More complicated setups could be done with the plugin VUML (jayjaywon) where you could either set booleans for more specific areas of the person to register a collision then have a detach action when that boolean becomes TRUE, or use distance calculations of the scissors to areas where clothes are. All this is more complicated but more accurate.

Upvote 1
Solution
Back
Top Bottom