Question Changing clothes setting on collision/trigger with Assets

danilo233352

Reactions
Tryed with multiple VAM settings/tools and cant find the way.
I want to change the clothes settings when an Asset collides with it. For example, imagine you have a scissors asset, and your model wear a dress. If the scissors touch the dress, the dress switches from sim disabled to sim enabled, and the clothes fall off. Its just a lazy example, i know there is better ways to undress a character, I just wanna know how can i work with collision interacions between clothes and assets.

Maybe this functionality is too advanced for what VAM is, I don't know if it requires a lot of work or even creating a script for it, hopefully there is a way to do it with the default tools.

Thanks in advance!

Solution
It's clearer now what you mean, and your english is fine 👍

Seems like a more sensible option is to position collision triggers close to the clothes, then each can set detach on themselves when collided. This however brings the problem if a collision with somethign else other than the scissors will also count as a collision, some care is needed.
More complicated setups could be done with the plugin VUML (jayjaywon) where you could either set booleans for more specific areas of the person to register a collision then have a detach action when that boolean becomes TRUE, or use distance calculations of the scissors to areas where clothes are. All this is more complicated but more accurate.
Add a collision trigger atom to the scissors but set a filter to ignore (invert) the scissors collision. There's a bar above the atom filter that turns green when a collision is sensed, you want it by default with no green and just turning green when reacting to the collision of something else. Then add a trigger to detach the clothes when the collision trigger is triggered.
The above setup is just a example, you need to find what works best for the scene. If the act of using the scissors is on a fixed animation, then you can use a trigger at the right time to detach the clothes instead of relying on a collision trigger.

Upvote 1
Add a collision trigger atom to the scissors but set a filter to ignore (invert) the scissors collision. There's a bar above the atom filter that turns green when a collision is sensed, you want it by default with no green and just turning green when reacting to the collision of something else. Then add a trigger to detach the clothes when the collision trigger is triggered.
The above setup is just a example, you need to find what works best for the scene. If the act of using the scissors is on a fixed animation, then you can use a trigger at the right time to detach the clothes instead of relying on a collision trigger.
Edit: when the asset collides with something, all clothes get trigerred, i only want to trigger the cloth that got collided with the asset, you know how to make it more specific? i only can put the person as receiver atom, not the cloth

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Clothes are not atoms, they're part of a person atom.
A trigger to check the "undress" checkbox of the clothing Dress would be something like this:
Person > DressSim > allowDetach (on)

Upvote 0
Clothes are not atoms, they're part of a person atom.
A trigger to check the "undress" checkbox of the clothing Dress would be something like this:
Person > DressSim > allowDetach (on)
yeah i understand that part, maybe i didnt explain clearly. The collision trigger logic is on a scissor asset, when this asset collide with the "atom filter" option (in my case, the person) every cloth i put on allowDetach is triggered, I want to trigger only the cloth that collided with the scissor, not all the cloths i put on detach. The only solution i found is making 1 scissor for each cloth i want to detach, cant find the way to make with 1 scissor detach only the clothes that collided with the scissor. My english sucks, hope i explained well enough.

Upvote 0
It's clearer now what you mean, and your english is fine 👍

Seems like a more sensible option is to position collision triggers close to the clothes, then each can set detach on themselves when collided. This however brings the problem if a collision with somethign else other than the scissors will also count as a collision, some care is needed.
More complicated setups could be done with the plugin VUML (jayjaywon) where you could either set booleans for more specific areas of the person to register a collision then have a detach action when that boolean becomes TRUE, or use distance calculations of the scissors to areas where clothes are. All this is more complicated but more accurate.

Upvote 1
Solution
Back
Top Bottom