Carry "Look" through scenes

gernb

Reactions
I usually want to change a character's "look" by picking edit mode, selecting the character, going to their control panel, and clicking "Load Look" but then I click the "next scene" button in some scene and when the next scene loads I get the both the old character and the one I loaded in the previous scene. I would be great if once a character's look was set it stuck through scenes.

Yeah, given how many interactive scenes load in new scenes several times throughout, this makes a ton of sense.

You can do this now, as long as the next scene is merge scene load instead of a full scene load. It was introduced in version 1.20 (Aug 2020).

You can go to any of the Appearance Presets, Clothing Presets, Hair Presets, Morphs Presets, and Skin Presets tabs and enable "Lock Controller Param Values". Locking Appearance is the same as locking all four of the others. Otherwise, you can select any combination of the other four.

If I want to keep the clothes from the scene, then I'll lock Clothing before loading my Appearance. Then I'll unlock Clothing and lock Hair, Morphs and Skin. This way, new clothing states can be loaded with each scene.

If you have your preset saved as a Look, then I suggest saving it as an Appearance preset instead. Loading a Look can change the name of the Person atom and the pose as well. Appearance doesn't, and works much better for this.

Now I just wish you could lock the light sources and scene lighting values.

Back
Top Bottom