Function / Plugin to translate scenes to different models

Dymista

Reactions
I really appreciate this community, all of its members and their hard work into making this a great experience!

All of us have different tastes, and if one messes with an existing scene, modifies the models in terms of size or morphs, the whole animation gets messed up.

I would argue that the average user does not create his own content or set of animations, maybe plays around with a couple of models to morph them to his own preference.

In a perfect world a user can download a scene in which he can upload his own customized models without messing with the atoms / sounds / animations.

How can this be done / achieved?

I imagine there must be a plugin which is capable of moving existing sounds and animations from an existing model to its corresponding parts in a new model.

You might already know the appearance presets. Open a scene with a nice look, save it as appearance preset, open the destination scene, select the person, load the preset. This will exchange the look and keeps many of the scene's features still working. Unfortunately not all of them. As you mentioned "size" you maybe addressing this issue?
As a workaround you can use morph presets. Instead of saving a look as one single appearance preset, save it as morph preset, skin preset, hair preset, cloth preset. Then open the destination scene and replace the person with those four presets. Maybe worth trying.
Nevertheless, if you have a complicated scene with triggers, animations and plugins and you want that in an other scene with a cool look and a cool CUA environment, think the other way around and always bring look and CUA into that scene with the animation.
In a complicated VaM scene, there are so many things playing together and have to be well balanced, that there might never be a "perfect" way to ripp off and exchange one of those parts without the need for a certain ammount of repairs.

Last edited:
Thank you for your great suggestions! I have already tried the preset work around for morphs and appearance, it does work for some scenes, but as you describe, the more sophisticated they get, the higher the chance some fixing is needed.

What I am saying is, there must be a way to "universalize" (within reason of course) scenes and animations as well as all the hard work the creators put into it, with sounds and so on.

To the effect, as described above, that a user can simply select a scene of his liking, load in his presets and enjoy them.

Even though my understanding is still relatively primitive, I can imagine that this could be done with the use of some AI engine which connects / realigns / adjusts animations / triggers and so on.

For example; a creator makes a penetration animation in which he connects two points ( lets says a Penis & Vag) due to different morphs of the user they become misaligned, then the AI comes into play and realigns the characters and adjusts certain positions (in a given range) of an animation.

If this can be achieved, I believe VaM could cater to a much wider audience and users, without the need to familiarize themselves with all the "technical" or "creator" side of things.

As of today, this seems to be a major entry barrier for many users that are simply looking for a plug & play VR experience.

Hi,
you are absolutely right! That would be perfect. You don't even need a AI or fuzzy logic (like we said when I was younger), but some sort of Lego system where you can combine different independently working bricks together. Take a look at Imagine games, for instance... just combine skin A with eyebrows C, nose Z, eyes D and throw animation 25 on it connected with person 2. But that is not VaM! As VaM goes a completely other way, where almost everything is possible, using physics, collider and forces and a dozens of other variable methodes, a current VaM scene is unfortunately more like a card-house than a solid Lego-tower: remove one element and everything will collaps.
I think I now understand your other thread better: you want a shop to buy those simple Lego bicks that can be easily combined to something else. But that is IMHO not how VaM works.

As of today, this seems to be a major entry barrier for many users that are simply looking for a plug & play VR experience

I think this is the main issue, as VaM is something completely different. No plug & play VR experience, but a massive and mighty sandbox tool that needs a good amount of learning at the beginning. A simple VR experience would be fun to use for some days (and would be maybe already dead by now), but VaM can be used to re-create your own dreams for many years.
I bet, once the development of VaM reaches a certain point, there will be something like a simplified "VaM Player" to sit and watch other peoples creations (even now you have the play-mode and the different patreon tiers) and there are already some plugins going this route... but the main attraction of VaM will IMHO always be the creator mode.

Back
Top Bottom