Mega Scene Browser - Filter for .json files that are NOT scenes

fubar_life123

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Patreon
fubarLife123
Filter for .json files that are not scenes (Meta, sound, animation, etc...)

Attachments

• Screenshot (74).png
    Screenshot (74).png
    6.3 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot (75).png
    Screenshot (75).png
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot (76).png
    Screenshot (76).png
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
Those files should not be in Saves/scene directory so I don't understand what is going on there.

Unfortunately, the import process is a little too open-ended. It really should be performed using a wizard to ensure that files go where they need to go. Having people drop files into a folder is simple and straight forward, but allows for intentional or unintentional "shenanigans," making the experience inconsistent. If we lived in a world where everyone "read the memo" and understood it to it's letter, you wouldn't need wizards and utilities like that. However, in reality, it is more complicated than it appears. VaM users have not accumulated the same experiences you possess, as a developer, (in your subconscious ) and therefore don't see the pitfalls of certain decisions they make (however minor they appear). Therefore, in my opinion, the import process (file management in general) should be fairly tight to not allow inconsistencies. :) Don't get me wrong, I love VaM!! This is constructive criticism. I want to see this thing see it's full potential.

FYI - the "*.mp3" that you see are actually "*.mp3.json." The " .json" ext is omitted which makes sense, it's just that it throws us off fooling us into thinking that somehow .mp3 is included in the filter, which it isn't. I did a double-take as well! The creator named the files "ExampleScene.mp3.json," presumably to cue sounds with a scripted event... Even with an import wizard you would still need to filter these kind of files because they all share the same extension ".json." It might be a good idea to change scene file extension to something more exclusive to avoid problems like this. (Example: ".VSF" "VaM Scene File")

Last edited:
@fubar_life123 I went through and "hide" all the random crap with no image attached or that I didn't want to see (a bit of a hassle but not too bad). I just wish we had the choice to have more then 1000 in it, (for those of us with a powerful enough PC to do that without slowing down).

Back
Top Bottom