• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Adding Multiple Sounds Files into a Scene.

Waslikethem

Reactions
I'm creating a lot of voice lines to my fav models, but each time i want to add them to the scene i forced by VaM doing it 1 by 1, It's tidious!
Why i can't just select multiple files and make that happened in 1 click?

I think it's a must feature.

While I think there was a plugin for it somewhere.....if you want to load lots of sounds, put them in an AssetBundle and load them like that. If you have hundreds of sounds loading a scene can take minutes. But if they are in one or a few AssetBundles, they load in seconds instead.

Sounds from AssetBundle can be played via LogicBricks "RandomSoundFromAB" plugin. Although arguable not convenient to use if you don't want to play sounds at random. Never found the time to improve that ;)

Of course, if you aren't scared of editing JSON by hand....

1. Add at least a single one of your sounds to the scene.
  2. Save your scene
  3. Make a backup copy of the scene file!!!!
  4. Then open the scene JSON file with Notepad++ (or whatever texteditor)
  5. Search for "URLAudioClipManager"
  6. Should be straightforward what you need to do ;)

JSON:
      {
         "id" : "CoreControl",
         "on" : "true",
         "type" : "CoreControl",
         "storables" : [
            {
               "id" : "URLAudioClipManager",
               "clips" : [
                  {
                     "url" : "Custom/Sounds/BirdsAndWaves.mp3",
                     "displayName" : "BirdsAndWaves.mp3"
                  }
               ]
            },
            {
               "id" : "MotionAnimationMaster",
               "triggers" : [
               ]
            }
         ]
      },

I think i will just drop them into the AssetBundle, but they will be recognize in any scene? and i can make a sub folder inside the 'AssetBundle'?
I don't feel playing with code atm, so far must of the time you're the only one who is helping me and you already made a great plugins.

I think i will just drop them into the AssetBundle, but they will be recognize in any scene?
AFAIK, my plugin is the only one that can load and play these. If you have lots of individual sounds you need one plugin somewhere for each or them. Meaning you need a 100 of those plugins in your scene. So, that isn't nice or loading fast either. At the moment this only makes sense if you want like 10 RandomSoundFromAB plugins and each of them is playing randomly out of a selection of 10 sounds. Something like that.
Always wanted to create a plugin that just creates a trigger for each sound it finds in the AssetBundle or you trigger by name in some other way. But as said, never found the time and didn't need it myself, yet.

and i can make a sub folder inside the 'AssetBundle'?
The file/folder structure inside your AssetBundle is simply how you set it up in your Unity project folder.

so far must of the time you're the only one who is helping me
You might be new to VaM, but you are already venturing towards the more advanced areas and true power of VaM. Putting a CycleForce on the hipControl is already complicated for many ;)

AFAIK, my plugin is the only one that can load and play these. If you have lots of individual sounds you need one plugin somewhere for each or them. Meaning you need a 100 of those plugins in your scene. So, that isn't nice or loading fast either. At the moment this only makes sense if you want like 10 RandomSoundFromAB plugins and each of them is playing randomly out of a selection of 10 sounds. Something like that.
Always wanted to create a plugin that just creates a trigger for each sound it finds in the AssetBundle or you trigger by name in some other way. But as said, never found the time and didn't need it myself, yet.

The file/folder structure inside your AssetBundle is simply how you set it up in your Unity project folder.

You might be new to VaM, but you are already venturing towards the more advanced areas and true power of VaM. Putting a CycleForce on the hipControl is already complicated for many ;)
Thanks, i wanna have the fully experience with that powerful machine. My goal now is to learn how to work with the 'TimeLine' plugin.

Back
Top Bottom