• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Can we get a pay look content creator review sticky please?

Lione

Reactions
I signed several pay content creators this month again and i have to cancel all of them due to false advertising content here at vamhub which does not at all match
what is advertised here.

- Unworking Files ( packed as var but are not at all vars )
- Main advertised screenshot does not match the look
- No hair no clothing no anything included in the pay looks ( model has not even hair clothing attached )
- all advertised dependencies resources links missing
- lightning missing
- ignorant creators who do not even answer in their discussion threads if you ask them stuff or please them to answer you why they do not include dependencies

and so on ....

I am so tired of that and it grows and grows here that such "creators" plopp to make the quick buck of us with that crap.

So to keep the pay content quality here i would like to get a Forum Thread with

Creator Name:
HUB Link:
Patreon Link:

Content:

- files open as expected ( Yes / No )
- look matches replica of advertised main screenshot ( YES / NO )

Dependencies:

- clothing / hair / pose / asset attached to model is included as advertised ( YES / NO )

if not

- complete additional dependencies file is included to match the advertised look replica ( YES / NO )

- used look dependencies are listed accurate with creator name / dependencies name ( YES / NO )

- used clothing / hair / asset dependencies are listed accurate (Yes / No )

Creator Interaction with VAMHUB Members:

- answers VAMHUB members questions in their look / scene thread regular ( Yes / No )

Creator Interaction with Patreon Members:

- answers Patreon members questions regular and customer friendly ( Yes / No )

We can also do that our own, i mean the above review Infos if there is no template possible.

I just want to know if you welcome this.

Last edited:
I'd suggest:

1. Raise the issue with the author, give them a chance to correct the issue, and then;
2. Report (there's a report link) so moderators can take action

If it's really false advertising, and not a technical issue (e.g. missing var dependency or corrupted upload for example) you'll get help, we all want this place to be safe and fun.

Thx but do we even have any guideline a Pay Look creator must match to advertise content here?

Isn't the REPORT Button for misleading thread content ?

I agree many do care and are so nice in all and everything and a possibillity to also honor the good from the worse would be really nice.

The fact that the content creators are able to delete replies in their threads here is no good at all here either.

I wouldn't post that if such creators would listen at all.
How should a moderator take part here if they cannot experience this type of content to prove what people then complain about?

A review thread would be way more direct and a thread can also cure such behaviors even quicker to guarantee a overall minimum of quality.
And also new members have a good orientation to receive good content if we review it public.

I think the right platform to complain about is patreon, but I may be wrong. Nonetheless I can absolutely understand your points. You could be right if you say the false advertisment is starting in here. But how you gonna prove it? Is there any guidelines on this particular problem regarding VaM looks for example? Don't get me wrong, I'm 100% with you. But the easiest way is to just not pay for stuff. I think for everything else you'll need a lawyer. Internet is wild west still in many areas. I think this is one of them, patreon.

In here you can tell from the free stuff which creator delivers good content, that's a buy. Anything else, not for me. If there would be like a rating for each creator in here, what do you think is gonna happen? A lot of fake accounts and a lot of fake ratings. Anyway, I don't think meshedVR is coming up with a solution for this. The participation in here from any team member is like nonexistent in my eyes. At least I don't see much of it, I wished there would be more.

You can review the content. You may write into the review what you like or not with the package. Or is there something I oversaw.

You cannot add accurate legit reviews under "Leave a RatIng" because its missing screenshots functions etc ( Editor is missing ) and if you add a review under "Discussion" it will be deleted with each content update / reupload by any creator so its not a way of placing content / creator reviews .
And under "Leave a RatIng" it is also unwanted to review anything not look or scene related.

So currently there is nothing useful available.

I signed several pay content creators this month again and i have to cancel all of them due to false advertising content here at vamhub which does not at all match
what is advertised here.

- Unworking Files ( packed as var but are not at all vars )
- Main advertised screenshot does not match the look
- No hair no clothing no anything included in the pay looks ( model has not even hair clothing attached )
- all advertised dependencies resources links missing
- lightning missing
- ignorant creators who do not even answer in their discussion threads if you ask them stuff or please them to answer you why they do not include dependencies

and so on ....

I am so tired of that and it grows and grows here that such "creators" plopp to make the quick buck of us with that crap.

So to keep the pay content quality here i would like to get a Forum Thread with

Creator Name:
HUB Link:
Patreon Link:

Content:

- files open as expected ( Yes / No )
- look matches replica of advertised main screenshot ( YES / NO )

Dependencies:

- clothing / hair / pose / asset attached to model is included as advertised ( YES / NO )

if not

- complete additional dependencies file is included to match the advertised look replica ( YES / NO )

- used look dependencies are listed accurate with creator name / dependencies name ( YES / NO )

- used clothing / hair / asset dependencies are listed accurate (Yes / No )

Creator Interaction with VAMHUB Members:

- answers VAMHUB members questions in their look / scene thread regular ( Yes / No )

Creator Interaction with Patreon Members:

- answers Patreon members questions regular and customer friendly ( Yes / No )

We can also do that our own, i mean the above review Infos if there is no template possible.

I just want to know if you welcome this.

I’ll second this request! I just got burned from what otherwise appears to be an A++ content creator here on the hub. The looks he has are absolutely TOP NOTCH and there’s a vast library of them all advertised here on the hub.

BUT…. Once I subscribed I discovered that I couldn’t even make it past the first page of many advertised looks before running into an endless wall of dead and broken Links, with apparently no way to download the purchased VARS.

To make matters worse, after subbing I noticed comments from frustrated patrons from OVER A MONTH AGO complaining of the same issue. Apparently the content creator is well aware, refuses to address the issue and is still pumping out new content even though 80% of his old content is broken and unusable.

Out of 8 full pages of advertised content I was able to download about 5 or 6 of the new looks, none of which were the specific ones I was subbing for.

Beyond frustrating and I would have thought there would be a better place to address this on the hub.

Isn't there a way to contact patreon on such matters?

I would hope so and that will be my next course of action after I give the content creator time to reply. Once I have more time I will also be going through each post he has that it broken and rate it accordingly to warn other VAMers not to be ripped off.

I do believe he had an issue a while back with his PC and that he is having to fix/repair the previous content from what I gathered on his patreon, however that was well over a month ago, he still advertises those looks even though they are broken and there’s no way for someone to know there’s an issue until they are already a patron.

I don’t think he’s intentionally trying to scam people as much as he’s just being careless about his previous content. If it was really an issue I would imagine addressing it to his patrons would fix the problem overnight; I.e.

“Hey Patrons, unfortunately my computer crashed and I lost all my stuff. Can you please send me your previously downloaded VARs so I can reupload?”

But the more I think about it that can’t be right…. They were all MEGA links that are broken so it has to be something else. Even if my computer crashed any files I had on the web would still be there.

anyways…. No idea what’s really going on, I’m just pissed I paid for the top tier membership for his patreon and received about 20% of the advertised content.

on the other side of the coin, I had a different content creator who did the exact opposite! Only advertised a few neat things here on the hub, I subbed and BLAMO!! Guy had TONS of awesome content that I had never seen before and was mind blowing! I would love to have a sticky where I could brag on good content creators who do things Iike this as well.

Thx for telling us your experience and voting for the better.

It cannot be that such person is advertising here and "selling content" if such are no longer available for him or anyone tricking you into a Patreon SUB.
There is no excuse for that seriously.

Now i am waiting for someone to reply with

"but you do not pay for the content you just support the people for your goodwill"

WTF is going on here at VAMHUB that such people can do what they want harming the few decent creators who care a lot.

Why is 90 % of the pay Look Scene content here not what it showcases?
Can anyone at all trust in anything what is shown here currently?

I feel like an idiot having signed so many patreon pay content creators and have been left in ignorancy by such and major dissapointment.
Why is that as it is here ?

I sometimes think they are making fun of us people because no one could ever understand at all what they release here and delivering you the
entire opposite. Perhaps they enjoy that mental to feed you with crap for your earned money ?

Why isnt there a distribution rule at VAMHUB to at least add one matching screenshot to prove what you get?
Is that too much @VAMHub Staff ?

I do not support piracy at all but if there are many people hidden who experience the same crap here i experienced in this last months i do not wonder they fight back for being tricked while such Creators who care about their ART will suffer from that growing amount of such bad pay content distribution and no one seems to care.

I also had good experiences with four or five of perhaps 25 to 30 pay "Look Scene" content Creators but what does VAMHUB expects from me now with that rate ?
To shut up and let other people experience the same?

Everyone can be sure its a ******* experience and it additional even steals my time in debating and arguing.

Some VAM Community oldtime members here told me they do not sign any pay content creator for reason and that most free content delivers much better quality than as it is with pay content here.

I should have listened yes, because i realize such free content creators actually care about what they release and want their ART to be honored with passion and to satisfy us with quality while the other part here "mostly" just wants your money.

Last edited:
I should have listened yes, because i realize such free content creators actually care about what they release and want their ART to be honored with passion and to satisfy us with quality while the other part here "mostly" just wants your money.
That's why I paid only 3 people at the moment. If this turns into a cash machine there will be less good free content. It's a game, not a business. Except for the creators of the game.

on the other side of the coin, I had a different content creator who did the exact opposite! Only advertised a few neat things here on the hub, I subbed and BLAMO!! Guy had TONS of awesome content that I had never seen before and was mind blowing! I would love to have a sticky where I could brag on good content creators who do things Iike this as well.

:)

I had these with XspadaX , VAM-YJ Gril , Niko3DX, Quingfeng and Sharr who all care about releasing content to immerse you best possible.
Really Bravo what they do if you are into their content i mean as a pay content Creator.
Sure you need the dependencies as it is mostly but you can trust them that you get what you see.
And they are open to interact with you and helpful :)

Last edited:
I would suggest that the administration forbid the use of third-party content in screenshots, I think the screenshots should only show what the author did. That's why I don't do paid looks, I don't have time to do hairstyles =)

:)

I had these with XspadaX , VAM-YJ Gril , Niko3DX, Quingfeng and Sharr who all care about releasing content to immerse you best possible.
Really Bravo what they do if you are into their content i mean as a pay content Creator.
Sure you need the dependencies as it is mostly but you can trust them that you get what you see.
And they are open to interact with you and helpful :)

I agree with your assessment, my solution was to just enjoy the free stuff and learn to build my own items. I do see some looks that i would like but its not worth the hassle

I agree with your assessment, my solution was to just enjoy the free stuff and learn to build my own items. I do see some looks that i would like but its not worth the hassle

Same as you guys. I decided to learn Unity, Blender, and DAZ and dusted off my rusty scripting skills almost immediately after some of these experiences. Now there are a few creators I do support but that is primarily for plugins, cloths, and scenes from creators that I learn something from every time I pull something down.

btw Matt, you put out some of the best assets here.

There are good paid creators out there but there are also a multitude of people trying to make a quick buck basically scamming people and it can be hard to know what you are getting with paid content if you are not already familiar with the creator.

By all means give creators time to address issues but if they don’t make sure to leave ratings with an explanation to what your issue is. Only mods can remove those and if you leave a legitimate review they would have no reason to do so.

If the offending creator keeps deleting posts on the discussion part of his resource that are legitimate it might even warrant making a separate forum post and/or getting mods involved.

If you aren’t familiar with a paid creators content or the quality of it you can always ask on discord (more immediate response) about any of the previously mentioned issues like not getting what is advertised, poor packaging (a big issue), or their responsiveness/support.

Other than Meshed adding someone to be in charge of quality control and requiring all paid content posts to actually submit their content for review/approval which seems highly unlikely at this stage or possibly ever of VaM’s development, we just have to use tools available to us to.

Some additional tips that might help is checking out the creators free content. If they do a poor job of packaging that or if the free stuff has issues that bother you, the paid stuff is unlikely to be any better.

If they do no free content at all that can be a red flag as well.

How many supporters they have on patreon can sometimes be used as an indicator or how long they have been posting to hub. As in if the creator is new to hub, has very low number of supporters and immediately started posting paid content it usually looks like a cash grab to me. 🤷🏻‍♂️

And final and probably best advice is learning to make stuff yourself so you don’t have to rely on paid stuff at all.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think a review post is a bad idea in a general sense but the forums here don’t get the same level of activity or participation as discord does and you would probably need someone impartial to sort of curate things and with taste being subjective that might prove difficult without things devolving into a shit show with people bumping their favorites while crapping on ones they don’t like.

Back
Top Bottom