Bodyparts starting to shake / stutter sometimes posing a Model on the VAM Sofa

Lione

Reactions
I experience this from time to time too with other Models posing them
but currently i am trying out the very nice custom VAM Atom SOFA
which i actually like much and there is also a nice Set of Sofa Posings too but i am having issues.

If i place a Model in her Pose ( Used Riddler's Gabrielle 1 Look Couch Poses Set here ) the model sometimes starts shaking one or more body parts
like a stutter.

This goes to the extreme if i pose a Model leaning with her back on the couch on the SOFA , here it is Pose 29 from the Set

2021-06-01 22_57_36-VaM.png

the Model explodes in meshes flying all around.
Sometimes i do not notice the stutters from the beginng but then it appears after i saved the scene and reload it.
I tried T-Pose Reset and also a different VAM Versions but its still a mess with that behavior.

So why is that and is there a way to shut that off so i can pose on the couch without the Model starting this ?

I noticed that the VAM Couch actually reacts to the Model ( colliders? ) which is good since this offers nice posings but sure should be done without the Issues.

Hi Lione,
like allready suspected by you, this has to do with collision. The VaM person does not have some sort of suface or mesh collision (like maybe the couch), but its collision is build with several invisible geometric collision objects. The female butt colliders, for instance, are made from two big spheres. For soft body physics, those colliders are moving around and against each other, sometimes messing up collision between them. If you force a person into a somewhat extreme pose, or too much forcing them in contact with other colliders like those of the couch, those colliders may starting to shake, sometimes so much till the persons physics explodes.
To correct that, you can only try to move the suspected joint handle a bit around, or switch off some or all of the petsons physic options. If you defenitely need the figure to be in exactly those pose with physics on, there is a plugin with many many options to move those invisible colliders around.

That system is not perfect, maybe it will be a bit better in VaM V2

Collider Editor is the plugin I mentioned, but forgot the name. Explosion Limiter is a very old tool, which I don't know if it still has such an positive effect. Some time after that tool was very popular, MeshedVR brought out several new VaM versions with several small changes to the collision system and a build in sort-of explosion limiter. Those changes made the physic exploding issue a lot better. But if you are experiencing those described issues often, it definitely might be worth trying.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom