Question Best way to delete scenes or looks?

moriana

Reactions
Hi,

I've found a similar question from 2-3 years ago, but the answers weren't particularly helpful. I'm facing an issue where my collection has grown so large that I have to spend hours deleting scenes or looks that I don't like. For example, I'd like to remove all "futa" scenes/looks. What's the best way to do this? Searching for "futa" in Windows Explorer and smash the delete button doesn't work :D (I've already tried
), and manually hiding each futa scene would take me days.

Any suggestions on how to solve this?

Another example: How would I go about deleting all content from a specific creator?

For deleting content from a specific creator is easy, just use search in File Explorer for the creator name and delete them all. Of course, if there are VARs that call for that creator's resources, then you'll be asked to download them again.

For managing your collection there are no simple answers. Perhaps the answers you found on similar questions, and there's a lot of them in the forum, weren't helpful because you didn't understand that many VARs are connected by dependencies. Deleting active dependencies will just have VaM ask to redownload them. This is not a bug, it's a feature, but unfortunately there's also many really shitly packaged resources around that force you to download a ton of needless stuff, and it's very difficult or time consuming to avoid or go around that.

In case you don't know, you can download VaM to a new folder and have as many as you want. For example, start a new VaM, move from the old VaM only things you want, and restart your collection with more restraint.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom