Benchmark
Things to check:
  1. Did you get ANY error messages when starting VaM or when loading the scene?
  2. Make sure you install the Benckmark package via the Hub-Browse window within VaM, also installing all it's dependencies. Hitting "Download All" should just work. No other sources. No modifications, no unpacking, etc.
  3. Make sure Benchmark version is indeed "4"
  4. Check that you allowed ALL the plugins, not just the Benchmark itself. The scene runs plugins from its own package, but also Life, LogicBricks, Essentials, Timeline, SpawnPoint and Glance. (However, there should be measures in place that it would tell you if this were an issue...)
  5. Remove all session plugins (also clearing your session plugin defaults, if you have them). Restart VaM.
  6. Use VaM's default-default scene. Maybe you have some custom default scene that loads plugins that don't properly clean up after themselves. So, reset that and restart VaM.

1. Loading the scene the following error appears: Missing morph deltas file AddonPackages\ascorad.asco_Expressions.9.var:\Custom\Atom\Person\Morphs\female\asco - Expressions\asco - Ugh.vmb. Cannot import

The Expressions.9.var is there, as well as V12. I tried enabling and disabling either so only one is active, did not help.

2. Yes, it is. Double-checked for missing packages. Everything is there.

3. It is indeed the latest.

4. Done.

5. Done.

6. Done.

Still gets stuck at Character Load : Janie. I am guessing it is related to the first error, but I don't know how it could be fixed

@flyleaf @VamPire @DumpyElephant

I managed to figure it out.

Apparently there's an error inside of the Expressions.9.var, the "Ugv.vmb" is named "Ugv .vmb". There is a blank space before the extension. Opening the .var file with 7zip and renaming it fixes everything. Now the character loads, the benchmark works, all is good.

How did this happen? I have no idea, but at least this fixes it.

How did this happen? I have no idea, but at least this fixes it.
That broken VAR package is not even a dependency of the Benchmark, I have never heard of that VAR. Presumably the broken package caused some exception to be thrown within VaM, that's a particular error handling mechanism that aborts currently running code. I suspect it might have cause the Benchmark to not initialize correctly somehow. My plugin ties pretty deep into VaM to do all the validation stuff, deeper than most other plugins, I guess.

The hopefully obvious learning here: Don't ignore error messages...

Benchmark-20231205-204849.png

So i did some testing with quest 3 yesterday and these are the results that i got.
Hardware already listed above and i have around 4.2k var file.
This is my oculus debug tool setting -
Screenshot 2023-12-06 161025.png

Disabling sliced Encoding really helped with all the weird jitters that i was getting inside my headset.

Attachments

• Benchmark-20231205-204849.png
    Benchmark-20231205-204849.png
    864.1 KB · Views: 0
Unfortunately I'm seeing the same issue, tried every suggestion in this thread, there doesn't seem to be anything out of the ordinary, but it gets stuck upon trying to load Janie, no error message, just freezes

Unfortunately I'm seeing the same issue, tried every suggestion in this thread, there doesn't seem to be anything out of the ordinary, but it gets stuck upon trying to load Janie, no error message, just freezes

What error message do you get when loading the scene, if any? Did you check the Error-log?

Ahhh, yea nvm I figured it out, my bad, turned out the AshAuryn_Pain1.vmb had a capital P, when it was looking for a lowercase p, weirdly enough I don't recall seeing that error yesterday, but that fixed it.
But I'm not even sure this is a dependency of the benchmark, which is kinda strange

But I'm not even sure this is a dependency of the benchmark, which is kinda strange
The Benchmark plugin does some wizardry magic to detect you trying to make changes to the scene. Somehow it seems that causes issues when you have dependency issues. Probably because VaM throws an exception somewhere, interrupt something 🤷‍♂️

For the second time and all future people with this issue:
The hopefully obvious learning here: Don't ignore error messages...

If that doesn't help, run it on a clean/fresh VaM install that doesn't have anything besides the Benchmark.

The Benchmark plugin does some wizardry magic to detect you trying to make changes to the scene. Somehow it seems that causes issues when you have dependency issues. Probably because VaM throws an exception somewhere, interrupt something 🤷‍♂️

For the second time and all future people with this issue:

If that doesn't help, run it on a clean/fresh VaM install that doesn't have anything besides the Benchmark.
I see, well I managed to figure it out in the end so it's all good

All my attempts cause physics corruption on the person atom and stops the scene.

Benchmark keeps hanging on "Loading Person: Janie". I downloaded everything from the hub.

1708612336835.png

sorry, i must be blind. I want to try the asw script file, to disable it, and I cannot find it on this resource to download. Can you post th download link here. Thanks

* I used the oculus debug tool, and it doubled my fps, so far not seeing issues. Thanks so much for this trick.

Last edited:
sorry, i must be blind. I want to try the asw script file, to disable it, and I cannot find it on this resource to download. Can you post th download link here. Thanks

* I used the oculus debug tool, and it doubled my fps, so far not seeing issues. Thanks so much for this trick.
Go to the History tab and click download on Version 1 of the Benchmark. There is a second file, which is the ZIP that contains those scripts. Can't upload ZIPs to the Hub anymore these days, you I can't put it anywhere else.

Or well, just click this link:

(Edit: Updated the resource description and linking to it directly.)

Last edited:
I still don’t know where to find it? Does anyone else know?
Copy&Paste this into your Windows Explorer address bar:
%appdata%\..\LocalLow\MeshedVR\VaM\
You will find an output_log.txt there, which is VaM's log file. It's cleared whenever you start VaM.

However, as it was pointed out multiple times by now: If you are stuck at "Character Load: Janie", most likely there is some broken package in your VaM install. Something unrelated to the Benchmark at all, which is why I can't fix or reproduce it. There should be NO errors when you open VaM. No red log window opening complaining about dependency issues. Really nothing, zero. Run the Benchmark in a clean second install, if you have to.
It might help if you attach your error log here after you tried to run the Benchmark. (Although I don't really have time to look into this)

Copy&Paste this into your Windows Explorer address bar:
%appdata%\..\LocalLow\MeshedVR\VaM\
You will find an output_log.txt there, which is VaM's log file. It's cleared whenever you start VaM.

However, as it was pointed out multiple times by now: If you are stuck at "Character Load: Janie", most likely there is some broken package in your VaM install. Something unrelated to the Benchmark at all, which is why I can't fix or reproduce it. There should be NO errors when you open VaM. No red log window opening complaining about dependency issues. Really nothing, zero. Run the Benchmark in a clean second install, if you have to.
It might help if you attach your error log here after you tried to run the Benchmark. (Although I don't really have time to look into this)
No this is helpful. My VaM always starts with a plethora of error messages, so I'll fix those. Thanks for taking the time to respond!

My Benchmark results with the max settings:
Benchmark-20240411-213638.png

I don't know why does it say I have Windows 10 when I'm actually using Windows 11.