Benchmark Result Discussion

You should install the patch - it is an amazing piece of low-level software engineering and optimization - see the difference it made to me above (post #990). Patch changes low level physics/maths code to run in parallel instead of serial and will use many of your CPU cores to do the work instead of one or two it used previously. It restricts to a single CCD if you have multi-CCD like I do for latency performance across CCD reasons. So on my 32 core 5950X, it uses only 8 cores (also skips hyper-threading) and can see all 8 running close to 100% during scenes. But is configurable to use more if you want.
Ok man, I tried it out.

13900K / 4090 / 32GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4 / 4K desktop testing

I have a scene for fps testing (CPU limited due to physics, just 2 females and one male) and before the patch that was around 55-60fps in action (all physics maxed out). With the patch activated I get around 70fps dipping into 80fps sometimes. That's around 25% performance increase, that's huge! (on a totally bloated installation by the way)
So thanks for kicking my ass, I'll do some further testing.

@turtlebackgoofy
Thank you for this piece of software, I thought I wouldn't benefit from this but I was totally wrong. Cheers to you! ?

I want to try it, but I don't know how to configure it for my hardware. Can you help mi with that?
I was searching for a tutorial/guide but I think there is none
The guide is on the hub page that you get the software.

The guide is on the hub page that you get the software.
IIRC that dude actually has a CPU that isn't listed on the CPU performance upgrade page, so he's probably wondering the specific settings for his CPU. But I could be completely wrong, i just remember wanting to help him one time on this matter and i gave up once i saw that.

Back
Top Bottom