• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Benchmark Result Discussion

...sometimes it's the embarassingly simple things, although even turtlebackgoofy didn't seem to notice that. Damn, I had even wondered it to myself but then forgot about comparing resolutions before opening my digital mouth >_>;

Still gonna' send them the threadprofile data tho, but now I'm curious about setting 1080p res and coming closer to those numbers.

1080p BENCHMARK EDIT:
View attachment 334972

trety's results are still 20 FPS better than mine on average, except for Baseline 3 where he actually did crush me. Maybe now it actually has something to do with the MOBO/RAM difference, but idk maybe not.
What settings did you used with patch? 'Recommended' in the resource page, or mine from here?

I'm running both watercooled CPU and GPU, and i have changed intel's mounting bracket to thermal grizzly one :
Even if my CPU wasn't really thermal throating, hitting at most 80ish degrees in simple physics test before, it's now at max 65 at this test, actually giving a few fps more too.

My RAM is 6400Mhz, but i'm using it at 6000Mhz XMP to reduce VaM crashes. VaM tends to crash very easily with XMP, even if any other games, or RAM benchmarks are just fine.

CPU is at stock settings with just disabled Hyper-threading in bios.

What settings did you used with patch? 'Recommended' in the resource page, or mine from here?

I'm running both watercooled CPU and GPU, and i have changed intel's mounting bracket to thermal grizzly one :
Even if my CPU wasn't really thermal throating, hitting at most 80ish degrees in simple physics test before, it's now at max 65 at this test, actually giving a few fps more too.

My RAM is 6400Mhz, but i'm using it at 6000Mhz XMP to reduce VaM crashes. VaM tends to crash very easily with XMP, even if any other games, or RAM benchmarks are just fine.

CPU is at stock settings with just disabled Hyper-threading in bios.
The recommended (all 8s, but with HT enabled and 1,3,5,7,9,11,13,15 affinities), outside of VR at least where I ended up throwing progressively larger numbers (up to 8s) without really knowing what I was doing.

I've tried HT disabled/12345678 affinity a couple of times, without your exact settings admittedly, but it didn't do much. I only have a 3 fan 420mm AIO for CPU cooling and also the Liquid Suprim 4090 but both are obviously not proper custom liquid cooling, and my RAM seems just a tad slower than yours (although I'm also running 6000MHz on an XMP Tweaked profile).

Seems like you have even beefier cooling than me. I'm not using custom loop, but just 2 AiO systems same like you. And i'm using just 360 for CPU [Kraken z73].
For some reason my system was overperforming other similiar builds somehow, i was at 1.80 physics time in Baseline 3 without the patch, while i saw most of 13900k\4090 systems ~ 2.0.

I would suggest trying my settings without HT. I tried the 'reccomended settings' with HT on, and ended up at 1.56
It was good, sure, but no HT 1-8 are just better -_-
My thinking was, even with the patch, VaM still does love high clocks and it's build on old Unity which wasn't that good with multithread features, so it can really use HT well, like modern games these days. This is one of the reasons why we ended with low physics performance in the first place in VaM 1.x.

Latest benchmark with cpu patch:

Benchmark-20240214-223852.png

For what it's worth, I decided to do a very simple test. Just loaded up the default scene. Went in to user preferences to see the FPS counter. Moved the camera around violently and watched the FPS. Without patch 12 = ~210fps. With patch 12 = ~310fps.
I loaded up patch 12 on my main VaM installation. It's a very messy, large install. With three animated characters, I went from about 45fps to 60fps. That's a boost!

Amazing in 1080P!!!
7500F+4080S 1080P.png

7500F+4080S 开补丁1080P.png

desktop 2K,in same time and same scenario,
AVG FPS went from 179 to 262,
GPU utilization from 72% to 98%
GPU Power from 242W to 290W
(4080S Maximum power is 320W)

开补丁前.jpg

补丁功耗.jpg

The maximum refresh rate of my headset is 90Hz,so the true change is in baseline3,not the total avg.
from 84.58 to 88.07
7500F+4080S 5G无线串流.png

7500F+4080S VR补丁.png

Nice.
The bloat btw is because EVERY SINGLE addonpackage has it's morphs loaded into the morphbank at start and the morphbank gets iterated through in EVERY SINGLE FRAME. I tried to make all morphs to load ondemand by default, but that broke things.
The morphbank iteration happens when morphs are applied to a character and are counted into "PhysicsTime". So its a burden on the rendering of every character in the scene.
That would explain the massive improvement when running on a clean folder. Is there a known way to mitigate it for those of us with an insane number of .vars, either with changes to the vars if a code fix isn't possible?
I mean I probably ought to clean up, since loading the baseline3 subscene takes a considerable amount of time

That would explain the massive improvement when running on a clean folder. Is there a known way to mitigate it for those of us with an insane number of .vars, either with changes to the vars if a code fix isn't possible?
I mean I probably ought to clean up, since loading the baseline3 subscene takes a considerable amount of time
Maybe this will help? Although I haven't tested it personally.

i applied this patch and but noting happened....cpu still runs under 20 percent....even in cpu benchmark....i have ryzen1800x.....can anyone help?

i applied this patch and but noting happened....cpu still runs under 20 percent....even in cpu benchmark....i have ryzen1800x.....can anyone help?
What patch? Should probably ask this in the that patch forum thread.

Could you please tell me which settings you use for the CPU Patch?

And below are tests i made comapring different settings.
As for Intel, with disabled HT in bios, above gave me best results

Here is my benchmark...
which should I upgrade first? GPU or CPU, (memory?)
Name NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor, 3600 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 32.0 GB
Ive looked at this thread till my head spins... I hoping someone has seen a similar setup as mine and has had some really significant upgrade experience..
- ive seen a few similar (my speculation on similar intel CPU) where the user upgraded the GPU to 3080 and doubled...
Benchmark-20240411-013415.png

And below are tests i made comapring different settings.
As for Intel, with disabled HT in bios, above gave me best results

Thanks! I tried your settings with HT in MSI Click bios 5 turned off but only got slightly better results than HT on and the default settings for my CPU:

Code:
[threads]
computeColliders=8
skinmeshPart=1
applyMorphs=8
skinmeshPartMaxPerChar=8
applyMorphMaxPerChar=8
affinity=1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8

[threadsVR]
computeColliders=4
skinmeshPart=1
applyMorphs=2
skinmeshPartMaxPerChar=4
applyMorphMaxPerChar=2
affinity=1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8

[profiler]
enabled=0

Clean install with your settings HT off, I also looked at my taskmanager with HT turned off and it seemed to work correctly,:
HT off with non default.png

Same but with changed skinmeshPart=8
HT off with non default all 8 profiler 0.png

Same but with 3000+ VARs:
HT off with non default all 8 profiler 0 3000 vars.png

Clean install, standard CPU settings, HT on:
2024-04-12 17_37_59-VaM.png

Same but with 3000 VARs:
2024-04-12 15_41_24-VaM.png

I guess the performance difference comes down to Mainboard and RAM. I don't have anything overclocked.
All benchmarks ran slightly slower with profiler=1.
It's crazy how much the performance tanks in Baseline 3 with the full VAR version =(.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom