Assets Bathroom Tiny

hazmhox

Featured Contributor
Reactions
hazmhox submitted a new resource:

Bathroom Tiny - A modern tiny bathroom

⚠ PLEASE:
  • If you like this asset, consider liking and reviewing it for the community
  • Read the description, read the ingame help if you have any trouble. I will not answer private messages asking questions about things that are actually explained in the documentation/help.

A modern tiny bathroom

View attachment 84959

How to use
  • Download and open one of the default scene
    OR
  • Create a new scene.
    • Add...

Read more about this resource...

Hey, that a freakin nice room. Very Good quality! BUT! is their a way to hide the walls while buiding a scene? its pretty annoying that i cant see something :D i used acid bubbles plugin but its also cliping the characters out =(

Hey, that a freakin nice room. Very Good quality! BUT! is their a way to hide the walls while buiding a scene? its pretty annoying that i cant see something :D i used acid bubbles plugin but its also cliping the characters out =(

Haha, yeah I know what you mean.
It depends what you're using, in my case, for the demos, on desktop, I just boost the FOV at 60 or more. Then I test it in VR.

But I could eventually make an update of the plugin to hide the walls (just a temporary checkbox, not saved), so that you can have a better view.

Haha, yeah I know what you mean.
It depends what you're using, in my case, for the demos, on desktop, I just boost the FOV at 60 or more. Then I test it in VR.

But I could eventually make an update of the plugin to hide the walls (just a temporary checkbox, not saved), so that you can have a better view.
That would be awesome :D Thx

hazmhox updated Bathroom Tiny with a new update entry:

Transparency feature

• Updated the hierarchy of the asset
  • Updated the script with a checkbox enabling wall transparency. This option is not saved with the scene and only exists to ease the creation process.

Collision are kept, only the rendering is disabled. So you can disable walls even if you characters are using them as a support.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Odd I am getting a failed to load asset bundle, not valid error.

Now it works on some of my old scenes and some of my new. odd.

How do I update my old scenes to use the new V2 assets?

Last edited:
Odd I am getting a failed to load asset bundle, not valid error.

Now it works on some of my old scenes and some of my new. odd.

How do I update my old scenes to use the new V2 assets?
Have you deleted the old versions? sometimes some assets and plugins don't work correctly when the old ones still exist

Shader & shadowing update

Following a suggestion and a discussion with @Damarmau (thank you mate!)...
  • New improved PBR shader for reflective materials (which is also made to be ignored by vamifier to keep the GI on highly reflective objects)
  • Disabled shadow casting on the shower doors to improve light propagation and make it more realistic
These modifications are especially made for people who wants to use...

Oddly its working now. Ill try and delete it see if that changes anything.

You most certainly opened your scene, tried to change the asset with both versions existing on your VaM.
Which is not possible because the asset are the exact same ( same name, same paths etc ) in both assetbundle, and Unity hates that. It won't load two different bundle with the same content.

The solution to that is to :
  • Close the scene you're working on
  • Download the update
  • Delete the previous version
  • Restart VaM (because sometimes it keeps in memory the old var / bundle version)
  • Open your scene
Since I keep a full compatibility between version, your scene will automatically use the most recent version and your scene will be up to date. You just have to save it and you're good : )

Ain't that possible to have see-through walls? I see that's the case for the hallway but not the bathroom walls nor the floor & ceiling.
That would be the best way for creators as well as users ;)

Ain't that possible to have see-through walls? I see that's the case for the hallway but not the bathroom walls nor the floor & ceiling.
That would be the best way for creators as well as users ;)

The plugin has been updated to disable the walls, but indeed, that's just for the creation process.
I would argue that in your final scene, you should have something that would be playable / visible in the play area without that kind of trick :p

That's my lazyness talking because modifying the structure of the whole bathroom would be pretty time consuming (you cannot see through some walls because they are responsible of making several corners or angles the way they are with double sided geometry.

You guys are pretty demanding for some content I'm trying to make with all my passion and the best amount of feature possible (and free access) to improve your experience haha.

That's my lazyness talking because modifying the structure of the whole bathroom would be pretty time consuming (you cannot see through some walls because they are responsible of making several corners or angles the way they are with double sided geometry.

You guys are pretty demanding for some content I'm trying to make with all my passion and the best amount of feature possible (and free access) to improve your experience haha.
Haha, don't worry that wasn't really a request: I just wanted to understand if there was a reason for this choice rather than see-through walls. I guessed you had already thought of this & already considered it, but now I know ;)

There is a technical reason behind that, single sided geometry produces some strange behaviors with the realtime light source... some shadows casting might not work properly. So since with VaM were in a situation where we use realtime, I've been used to use cube shapes or models that are dual sided to avoid any lighting / shadow issues for creators.

The idea of having transparent surfaces from some point of view is interesting, but generally this is something that is done through scripting / code to allow transparency on object close to the camera. It would be cool to have that in VaM in some situations, but it seems a bit hardcore to me since most of the time you're not in a case where you need that ;)

NGSS2 Update

• Updated the enviro with NGSS2 shadows.
Thank you ( a frikkin' lot ) to @FCG who dropped by and told me about NGSS2 include for Unity. This is a big update, most of my enviros are receiving the update tonight. You won't have to use VAMifier anymore if you do, and you'll get an overall really better aspect of your shadows in the scene for almost the same performances.

Below is a screenshot of...

@Nayris the default scale of the room is perfectly up to size. The way rooms are designed is not limited to "modern US" style, it is common in Europe, especially in France, that some old appartments have huge doors and really tall rooms that are reminicent of the old days, like this. This door is around 2.4m tall... and you got doors that are even bigger.

And it's not really hard to see that it is actually something made on purpose by the original creator on CGTrader, since everything else is scaled normally.

Yes, today I see that everything is in order, sorry. Apparently, the combination of a small (156-158cm) girl against the backdrop of a huge door had an effect, and it was confusing. In addition, we are from the outback of Russia, and everything here is also small. The stereotype affected the perception. Anyway, the scene is great and thanks for making it free. Not all heroes wear capes, some just share quality assets)

1644683466057.png

:3

Haha yeah indeed, it seems enormous with a tiny person.

It's pretty much "working" with normal sized people, but I agree that the size is a tiny bit boosted because it would be really really tiny in VaM at the exact measurements. That's a common thing to boost the size of stuff in video games to make the thing work "better" with the characters.

If you put two people in front of the door, both at 1.0, it's already pretty hard.
I could do an alternative version of it if you want, with a bit more restrained dimensions... that's not really complicated.

:3

Haha yeah indeed, it seems enormous with a tiny person.

It's pretty much "working" with normal sized people, but I agree that the size is a tiny bit boosted because it would be really really tiny in VaM at the exact measurements. That's a common thing to boost the size of stuff in video games to make the thing work "better" with the characters.

If you put two people in front of the door, both at 1.0, it's already pretty hard.
I could do an alternative version of it if you want, with a bit more restrained dimensions... that's not really complicated.
Sometimes I'm such a bore that I annoy myself, however, the numbers are a stubborn thing. And since you suggested an alternative, then if it's not difficult, I would like the sizes to be a little more standard)
Below I am attaching my measurements of the toilet, you must admit it is a bit too big))) Such dimensions are already a special order, usually for very large people or with increased weight.
1644714991092.png

According to approximate measurements, it is 440x490x750
And here are the standards from the Internet

4973560d7871883e3562b218068c2a7c.jpg

Yeah, I'm never doing that : )

As I was saying, I'm doing two things when I'm designing a place :
- Using a baked character of VaM as ref
- Find the best fitting size for the place from a gameplay / animation perspective

I'm also checking it in VR to see if it feels good.
Since the measurement are not "real" ( a character by default is "1.0" which does not represent nothing ), and everybody does not take the time to represent accurate character based on the base value, it's hard to make a place that fits all purposes!

But, I'll make an updated prefab today, don't worry : )

Yeah, I'm never doing that : )

As I was saying, I'm doing two things when I'm designing a place :
- Using a baked character of VaM as ref
- Find the best fitting size for the place from a gameplay / animation perspective

I'm also checking it in VR to see if it feels good.
Since the measurement are not "real" ( a character by default is "1.0" which does not represent nothing ), and everybody does not take the time to represent accurate character based on the base value, it's hard to make a place that fits all purposes!

But, I'll make an updated prefab today, don't worry : )
Thank you) Proper sizing out of the box is still important, especially if these are familiar things, such as living spaces or household items. So that when building a scene, the user knows that, for example, by importing a chair or a refrigerator, he gets a "real" thing with the correct proportions)

Back
Top Bottom