Basics few question

plopy

Reactions
1- I have downloaded a lot of scene, looks, and outfits but VAM is now really slow to start and load things... Does removing all the sub folders that comes with mods to put everything in only one folder "addonpackage" would speed up?

2- I can't find the way to make bodypart transparant in edit after selecting an atom, since the "pocess" option is often buggy and still display the arms and hands. (i want to make the whole upper bodypart transparant)

3- When I load some preset Looks in scene they sometimes lose their hair, most of the time custom hair for famous characters, what is weird is that i have the mod for their hair while displaying them using the character scene that came with.
And when browsing clothing or hair tab, they are nowhere to be find.

Thank you!

Hi Plopy,

1. Addonpackages is mainly for VAR files, which are compressed. The more you have, the slower vam will load, delete stuff you no longer use and it will load faster. If you have unpacked or moved files into other custom folders, it will be even slower when loading those.
2. Use this plugin by HAL9001. https://hub.virtamate.com/threads/going-going-gone.37343/
3. Sounds like the "hair" is actually a custom unity asset. You can save them to the character with this. https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/cuamanager.547/

I installed the plugin but can't find how to use the transparancy sliders in existing scene after selecting a person/atom
If you can take a couple of SS to lead me into the various tab i would be glad.
It's done through triggers.

Here I added a ui slider, from triggers in the add atom menu.
1.png

Position and select the slider, go to the slider trigger tab at the side and add a variable action (green button), then go into the settings for the new action it adds to the list.
2.png
Set the atom to person, the receiver to the plugin and the target to the group you want to effect, then set the end slider to maximum.
3.png

Now when you move the slider the plugin will fade that group on the character.
You can add another trigger on the same slider if you want multiple parts effected at the same time.
4.png

You could also do the same thing with a 2 uibuttons if you just want to set the values to 1 and 0.

Check out MacGrubers video on triggers to understand the basics.

Back
Top Bottom