• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!

Aw man... I'm stuck with Timeline again... (sorry) - controlling unity assets

Koryu

Reactions
This time I have watched the tutorials, but I missed something.

Alrighty, I'm trying to get someone else into our happy little program here, but he and I were both confused about the Sapuzex semen thing in Timeline. It just goes and goes and goes and goes.... o_O (I guess the guy is rather virile... )

I've tried all kinds of things to make this a controllable atom in Timeline. It is a separate atom, so I added the Timeline plugin to the atom and made sure it was on the same "animation" as the fellow.

But in Timeline, when I add the controller, there is no "on" controller. I can move it, I can change where it is... but I can't stop/start it. So scene starts and we have instant firehose, which doesn't let up.

What am I doing wrong? Should we be using a different plugin?

TiA!

@Koryu if I got this right, you're trying to control a boolean (on/off) or a string chooser. In this case, it's the "Asset" you want to change to None:

1599252869318.png

In Timeline's Add Targets, add a triggers row first. Then, in the Targets view, go to the frame you want and select Edit Trigger.

1599252947310.png

Then in the trigger, you can change it to None:

1599252986078.png

If there's already an animation and you want a long-running one (e.g. disable it after 20s) you can create a new layer.

Note that looping animations will not call the "end" trigger when looping, so you may want to make a non-looping animation here.

Hope that'll help :D

Yeah I think that's the one we are looking for! One of the problems is that I clearly had the wrong version of Timeline installed! :D I corrected that and WOW it's a lot easier to understand... o_O Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom