Aw man... I'm stuck with Timeline again... (sorry) - controlling unity assets

Koryu

Reactions
This time I have watched the tutorials, but I missed something.

Alrighty, I'm trying to get someone else into our happy little program here, but he and I were both confused about the Sapuzex semen thing in Timeline. It just goes and goes and goes and goes.... o_O (I guess the guy is rather virile... )

I've tried all kinds of things to make this a controllable atom in Timeline. It is a separate atom, so I added the Timeline plugin to the atom and made sure it was on the same "animation" as the fellow.

But in Timeline, when I add the controller, there is no "on" controller. I can move it, I can change where it is... but I can't stop/start it. So scene starts and we have instant firehose, which doesn't let up.

What am I doing wrong? Should we be using a different plugin?

TiA!

@Koryu if I got this right, you're trying to control a boolean (on/off) or a string chooser. In this case, it's the "Asset" you want to change to None:

1599252869318.png

In Timeline's Add Targets, add a triggers row first. Then, in the Targets view, go to the frame you want and select Edit Trigger.

1599252947310.png

Then in the trigger, you can change it to None:

1599252986078.png

If there's already an animation and you want a long-running one (e.g. disable it after 20s) you can create a new layer.

Note that looping animations will not call the "end" trigger when looping, so you may want to make a non-looping animation here.

Hope that'll help :D

Yeah I think that's the one we are looking for! One of the problems is that I clearly had the wrong version of Timeline installed! :D I corrected that and WOW it's a lot easier to understand... o_O Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom