Auto Genital Skin Colour creation for male Characters in VAM is missing. Please add that Feature to VAM 2

Lione

Reactions
This is entire missing.
To create Male Character Skin is really a pain currently.

- You cannot use DAZ Skin Builder Pro since it only works with Female.

- You cannot convert Male GEN 8 Skins to Gen 2 using the Skin Convert Guide either which works great with Female but VAM has no Auto Generate GEN Texture for Male Characters and since
i got told its not allowed to use DAZ MAle GEN Textures Skins outside DAZ ( Like Michael Pro etc ) to convert the UV Textures in Blender due to licences.
How should one create a male SKIN Set now other than using the in Built ones?

Hi Lione. You are right, male genital textures are treated very ophan-like in DAZ and VaM.
I agree... Even if I personally do not like and use the female genital auto creation, it should be a logical step to make something similar for male genitals, too.

Even in DAZ before VaM, you had to go several workarounds to create seamless male genital textures.... and those seams are extremely ill placed and complicated to find, even with skin templates.
In FaceGen you are able to auto-create the male genitals in an similar way like the female genitals by chosing the genital texture instead of the body texture... though, sometimes the seams will be still visible because of the color-fitting algorythm FaceGen is using. Sometimes it helps to copy the male genital texture on top of the male body texture, like VaM is doing it with the female genitals. Then auto create it with FaceGen and then cut it out with Photoshop.... a bit complicated. Or do like I have pointed out in your other question and mix the FaceGen face with Photoshop on top of an other male texture set that allready has a genital texture.

If you don't use FaceGen, I have used a workaround in the past that created somewhat good results IMHO:
Go and search a somewhat neutral male texture set WITH genital texture (or which roughly will match your custom texture best). In Photoshop open up your custom converted male body texture without genitals in the ground layer. Open the neutral body texture in a second layer. now erase everything you don't need from the second layer except the small area of the hip where the genitals will connect to. Use a soft brush to erase, so you will get a diffuse seam. Then use CRTL+U to match the color and brightness (it is roughly the same way FaceGen is changing the color, but manually). Write down the changes you have made and change the color of the male genital texture in exactly the same way.
So you have used and changed both textures, there should be no seams.
This is roughly the same way many of us are creating female genital textures, too.
I bet there are other more elaborated and therefore complicated methodes, but once you are familiar with the method i described and a bit skilled in photoshop, it is only a matter of minutes.

After writing this, I realized, that this was no question, but a feedback suggestion... LOL. I was only looking at the new entries in "What is new".
Though, I will not erase it, maybe someone may find this usefull.

Hi TToby. I am superhappy you wrote me here and it was a post of me being really much frustrated with all what is going on Texture wise "here licence" "there licence" "no no allowed to convert" in this and that tool ;)

Thx so much for guiding me into a Workaround since such things really make me crazy that i cannot do what i can do with female in VAM.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Back
Top Bottom