• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Is it possible to make VaM 2.X accommodate both Daz G2 and G8 so that the characters we created in 1.X can still be used in 2.X?

Reactions
I know some people must have asked this before, but is it possible to make VaM 2.X accommodate both G2 and G8 so that the characters we created in 1.X can still be used in 2.X? Like the scene in 2.X. could be loaded with two systems of characters, one same as those in 1.X.

I don't think that is the plan. Leave G2 in VAM1.0 and let VAM2.0 rule G8. If you introduce the G2 in to vam2.0 (i'm speculating here) then there is all the old code that might have to be updated and added to support it. Then you have that much more to create bugs, errors and confusion. I'm ready for a fresh round of content development. Pretty sure VAM 2.0 is going to be G8, which is going to be incredible.

Meshed has talked about the reasons why Vam's Genesis 2 models wont be included in Vam2. Basically, It's because G2 is obsolete technology.

From this discord post:

"That is because G2 used a special skinning system Daz3d called Triax. I implemented a Triax skinning system in 1.X, but it was very expensive computationally and had to run on a side thread, resulting in 1 frame of delay for skinning. This is the cause of so many other issues like clothing clip, accurate collision, etc. and won't be supported in 2.X. You could import a G2 model and use LBS (Linear Blend Skinning) or DQS (Dual Quaternion Skinning), but it won't look very good as they require Triax to look as you see it in 1.X and in DAZ Studio."

Back
Top Bottom