asco's Timeline Tutorials (1-5)

Guides asco's Timeline Tutorials (1-5)

do you mean when you add the person controller as a target?

And I want to know: Where is the animation data (Not timeline plugin resource code) of this plug-in stored? Is it in this json file?
屏幕截图 2023-10-18 220049.png

Here is the scene json file.

And I find something: The temporary data of the plug-in is all stored in the scene json file. How pathetic. No wonder the scenes load so slowly.

And get to line 5830 and line 9605.

屏幕截图 2023-10-18 221644.png

En.... And look at the 9609: "value" : {.....}. These are hexadecimal numbers. But their significance requires some thought. Oh, there is another long paragraph to say.

Attachments

• 1696779297.jpg
    1696779297.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 1696779297.json
    737.9 KB · Views: 0
I really hope that I will have the opportunity to create VAM works with you in the future, but unfortunately, I don’t know much about anything. Learning Zbrush and substance 3d painter has wasted a lot of my time, and I still don’t know how to use these two software, and I have to go to work. well. I don’t even know how to improve my patreon interface. I have too many things and difficulties.

The timeline plug-in of acid bubbles has many problems. Its animation is realized through the movement and rotation of nodes, which is inefficient. The animation does not reflect the physical effect of acceleration and is very unnatural. It would be great if someone could make a skeletal animation Vam plug-in.The acid bubbles timeline plug-in is only suitable for Custom Unity Atom, not Person Atom. Even though he worked hard for it.

In the Person atom panel, there is no column for collision trigger, but all other types of atoms have this column. In fact, VaM should add this column to Person atom.

Then there is another question: Through your tutorial video, I know the knowledge of adding collision triggers in this timeline plugin. At a certain frame, the trigger is triggered and a certain action is executed. But now there is still a problem: the geometric deformation of the characters. For example: at a certain frame, the characters begin to change their expressions and mouth shapes.

This can be done, but I don't know how to do it. Give you a screenshot:

View attachment 297648

I know how to add controls and triggers. But don't know how to add geometry....

Also, the topology of all character models in vam are wrong, which causes the physical effects of breasts collision to be wrong.

Also, I'm making a mapped material now and it's so hard for me, I can't even get the UV map right. I don't want waste my time. I'm busy. Do you have toturials about making materials? Dude?
I'm sorry I don't have any tutorials about making materials. The only thing I know how to make is regular diffuse & normal maps with photoshop.

And I find something: The temporary data of the plug-in is all stored in the scene json file. How pathetic. No wonder the scenes load so slowly.

View attachment 297656

En.... And look at the 9609: "value" : {.....}. These are hexadecimal numbers. But their significance requires some thought. Oh, there is another long paragraph to say.
Yeah the recent update for Timeline does that to reduce the amount of lines the json has to store for animation data. Previously, people who did mocap were really limited with how long their mocaps could be because of the upper limit for json length

I really hope that I will have the opportunity to create VAM works with you in the future, but unfortunately, I don’t know much about anything. Learning Zbrush and substance 3d painter has wasted a lot of my time, and I still don’t know how to use these two software, and I have to go to work. well. I don’t even know how to improve my patreon interface. I have too many things and difficulties.

The timeline plug-in of acid bubbles has many problems. Its animation is realized through the movement and rotation of nodes, which is inefficient. The animation does not reflect the physical effect of acceleration and is very unnatural. It would be great if someone could make a skeletal animation Vam plug-in.The acid bubbles timeline plug-in is only suitable for Custom Unity Atom, not Person Atom. Even though he worked hard for it.
Keyframe animation is hard to master as far as timing goes but without Timeline vam would be quite dull!😛

Keyframe animation is hard to master as far as timing goes but without Timeline vam would be quite dull!😛
Set the node of the part to comply, and then physically link the nodes of the part to the part.

For example: Physically connect the nodes of the hand to the nodes of the forearm. Then we use timeline to animate the hand nodes.

View attachment 297656

By the way, you can use the legacy option for more readable json files that doesn't convert to hex by going into the options panel in timeline and changing the serialization mode seen here
1697730810034.png

You're welcome :)
I use ZoomIt to draw on screen:
Is there any other way I can contact you? I'm learning modeling and coding. And you see. I'm a programmer. And I Encountered a new problem:

Unable to access assembly.

屏幕截图 2023-10-21 233717.png

屏幕截图 2023-10-21 233725.png

Do you know how to output error messages in vam's error console? This is the firs step to make VaM plugins. All I know now is: Create a plugin resouce code folder in Custom\Scripts\

屏幕截图 2023-10-21 234255.png

Oh, I got something.
Look!

This is plugin's resouce code:
屏幕截图 2023-10-22 000025.png

This is how to debug and a result:

屏幕截图 2023-10-22 000052.png

To debug your plugin. Just add Plugin. Choose a cs file. And click Reload button. After editing your resource code, click Reload button.

Here is a result:

屏幕截图 2023-10-22 000305.png

Now I know: Super class MVRScript is a very importent class. And function init() is a very important. Every VaM plugin code start from this function.

But!!! I can't access assembly! Which file the class MVRScript is in? Where is it?

how can you save a set position or pose and get back to it with a click of a button just like in your 5th video, you didnt show the process of that

Last edited:
how can you save a set position or pose and get back to it with a click of a button just like in your 5th video, you didnt show the process of that
If you're asking what I think you're asking, there's a pose tab in the Timeline UI that you need to navigate to, then select the "Use Current Pose" (number 1 in the screenshot) button. If you're wanting the pose to snap whenever the animation is selected, you'll need to also check the box that says "Apply pose on transition" (number 2 in the screenshot). That will save that person's pose in timeline. You need to do that for both person atoms. Once done, when you navigate to that animation the pose will change for both atoms, regardless of which instance of timeline you change it in.
1708405976743.png

why i can"t see the contorlers path in target tabs after version 275 even though i select the ui option?

Back
Top Bottom